Buyer Beware

Not sure where to put this but.......................

I don't know if you allow good and bad experiences to be shared but in the interest of fair business trades I hope I can share my recent experience here.

I was dealing with an online firearms seller I was referred to from another forum when I was asking about Canik firearms. I was given a link to that particular site and after shopping for a few days I decided on a firearm and accessory. Put the order in on a Saturday, (first mistake) and not only that, a holiday weekend (second mistake). 

I waited until three business days before I heard anything about my order. Status showed as being shipped. Upon reviewing my order I found that the firearm price had dropped from the time I purchased the gun and before it shipped. I was also given a flat fee shipping rate. After further review of the order, the shipping more than doubled and due to the fact the price of the gun changed after I ordered it they couldn't help me. 3 friggin' days and $15.00 and they wouldn't honor their own price drop. Trust me, it was never about the money. It was about the way the store handles an unhappy customer and principle. 

I told them in no uncertain terms that my buying experience with them was terrible from the minute the order was completed. If I like my fxs I'm going to purchase some additional models just for the fun of it. I told the contact that but he couldn't have cared less.

My advice would be to not buy from this particular on line vendor. Their business practices are shady at best.

I have left out the business name since I'm not in the business of flaming and not sure what board policy is. If you've ever dealt with this company you may recognize them by their $7.95 flat shipping fee that is deceitful, as well.

seller I was referred to from another forum

By now you realize that that was your first mistake. Referrals work like online reviews, which they actually are. Some are good, some are bad, some are made up. It's like asking for directions from a stranger. Even though they have no idea, they might still will try to "help" you. Instead of just saying, "sorry, I don't know".

Status showed as being shipped.

That's when they charge your card. Even if only a shipping label is created and the firearm is nowhere near the shipping box. Sketchy at best.

price had dropped from the time I purchased the gun and before it shipped

That's when you could have cancelled the order. Re: revisit issue of  status as shipped.

the way the store handles an unhappy customer... but he couldn't have cared less

That seems to go hand-in-hand.

My advice would be to not buy from this particular on line vendor.

Unless you are his wife. ?

Even then, he might not care.

Bottom line. Chalk it up to experience. And be sure to leave a review... after you receive the firearm.