Fenix Lights

I have been selected as an Ambassador for Fenix Lights. I personally use them and carry a PD35 on me 24/7/365. Since I am an ambassador, I have a 30% off code that I am willing to share here on TheBoreSight. Please message me if you want the code. I do not make anything off the sale of Fenix products as I am not a sales person. But being an ambassador gives me the privilege of testing and evaluating new products. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's cool.  I really like my PD35 too.   However, I wish the tail cap activation switch was set a little deeper or harder to turn on.  I find that often times the switch is inadvertently activated and my leg starts getting hot.   Any ideas on this issue?

Alao, I believe Fenix has a presence in Broken Arrow?

On September 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM, GlockPride said:

That's cool.  I really like my PD35 too.   However, I wish the tail cap activation switch was set a little deeper or harder to turn on.  I find that often times the switch is inadvertently activated and my leg starts getting hot.   Any ideas on this issue?

Alao, I believe Fenix has a presence in Broken Arrow?

I have had the same issue. I ended up using a pocket clip from NiteCore on my PD35 and it stopped it from accidentally turning on. It keeps the tailcap up towards the top of the pant pocket. I do know that others have reported the same issue and it was being looked at. Fenix has its office and warehouse in Broken Arrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huskerbuttons said:

I have had the same issue. I ended up using a pocket clip from NiteCore on my PD35 and it stopped it from accidentally turning on. It keeps the tailcap up towards the top of the pant pocket. I do know that others have reported the same issue and it was being looked at. Fenix has its office and warehouse in Broken Arrow. 

Is this what you are using:

https://www.longhorntactical.com/Pocket-Clip-for-Nitecore-MT26-Flashlight-p/acc-clip-mt26.htm

I've been carrying a Fenix light for several years and am very happy with it. 

I would upgrade to one of their newer lights with better light performance and longer runtime but they have real trouble making a serious light.  They make solid lights, with good performance, durability and brightness, but someone in their design/marketing department is convinced that anyone who wants a flashlight won't buy it unless it has a bunch of modes.

People who want a light to use as a tool are probably not interested in a ton of modes--at least not if they're anything like I am.  They want reliable operation with good performance, no surprises (like having the light come on in the wrong mode), and no need to waste time cycling through a bunch of modes to get the one they want.  They want it to turn on with a pushbutton switch (preferably a tailcap switch from my perspective) that makes sense--push for temporary on and push to the click for permanent on.  Not the odd reverse switch operation where you push to the click and then RELEASE to get the light to come on.  They want lights that can easily be operated with one hand, not that require programming or multiple buttons to get light on and operating in the correct mode.  And they want accessories that will hold up to everyday use.  I finally had to find a leather sheath holder from a third party vendor (found a folding knife belt case that was the right size) for my Fenix light because the nylon holders wear out so fast.

I wish I knew who came up with the idea that people need lots of brightness modes in a flashlight.  I can see having one low mode for close work with maximum runtime and another for maximum light output (as long as there's no reasonable chance of having the light come on in the wrong mode) , but I can't think of a situation where I would need to tailor the brightness by having three or more brightness levels.

The Fenix L1T V2.0 that I carry puts out about 100 lumens of light and has a tailcap switch that operates intuitively.  If one wants to change the brightness to the low mode (there are only two modes) the head is turned slightly.  There's no chance of accidentally switching brightness levels and one can tell without turning the light on, which mode is set.  I leave it in bright mode normally since that's the mode I would need if I wanted it in a hurry and then turn it down if I want a lower level of light.  It runs on a single AA battery and will work with rechargeables, including the low discharge NiMH batteries on the market these days.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...