Well Mannered Demons

Ramjet38

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/10/13/pope-francis-beware-well-mannered-demons/

A very good read even if you don't care for this Pope.

“He goes, sees, looks for a nice bunch of friends, knocks on the door – ‘Excuse me. May I come in?’- he rings the doorbell and these polite demons are worse than the first, because you do not realize you have them at home.”

“This is the worldly spirit, the spirit of the world,” he said.

Demons can also destroy us “politely and diplomatically,” Francis said. “They do not make noise, they make friends, they persuade you — ‘No, come on, it is not too much, no, but up to here it is fine’ — and they take you on the path of mediocrity, making you lukewarm.”

“I tell you: I am more afraid of these demons than of the first,” Francis said. “And so when people tell me: ‘we need an exorcist because a person is possessed by the devil,’ I do not worry as much as when I see these people who have opened their door to well-mannered demons, the ones who persuade you they are not really enemies, but friends.”

• Like 2

“………… But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero
(106-43 B.C.) Roman Statesman, Philosopher and Orator
Attributed. 58 BC, Speech in the Roman Senate

"Where God has his church the Devil will have his chapel"   Spanish Proverb  

"It is a revenge the devil sometimes takes upon the virtuous, that he entraps them by the force of the very passion they have suppressed and think themselves superior to"   George Santayana 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have much use for him, but his point is valid.

Much of the church has been sucked in by this method.

"God loves you, he wants you to be rich"

We should be inclusive & accepting

It's ok to keep sinning, God won't send you to hell.

and so on & so forth

Edited by ccm2361
thought of something else to say
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

There is no perfect religion on this earth that is overseen by one man/woman.  When people get their hooks into something, it by nature it is imperfect.   Some more than others.  That being said, I am not a fan of the RCC, when a man claims to the Vicar or (Replacement) of Yeshua on earth.

• 4 weeks later...