Does Your Motherboard Have a Secret Chinese Spy Chip?

Glocks4Freedom

I thought you knew... lol, I am definitely not surprised!  If you cant even trust your own family now a days, then why would you trust a computer built by a stranger coming from a different country!??  I wouldn't doubt if this has been going on for as long as computers have been imported!  

• Like 1

But lets not be fooled, this had been going on already in our homes... they are in our television sets and in our PHONES.... they even have cameras on every corner so they can keep watching you when you leave the house... can you say 1984? 

how bout this, I bought a new tv.... turns out it functions on an android operating system.... under settings you can examine the applications running on your tv... why does my tv have apps?.. anyway i wanted to shut down the apps because I thought it was unnecessary to say the least...to make a long story short there are like 200+ apps running on my darn tv and im sure at least one of them is spying on me somehow. how did our shady big brother get all our phone numbers the other say?

or this- siri, nest, amazon google home devices that respond to your speech- they are always listening to you, waiting for keywords to pop up... think about that...google knows when you F*** your wife because it is LISTENING to you in your bedroom!! 

I know that a lot of humanity is numb and complacent now a days, but come on, lets stop relying so much on technology, and start using our hands to build real things again...

• Like 1

Who needs a secret spy chip? I use a Lenovo that runs a diagnostic once every couple weeks or so. I just assume it's reporting everything on my machine straight back to China.

They're welcome to browse my family pictures; look at my pics of Glocks and various revolvers; as well as, read all the articles on the Bible and different topics of Christian theology I've saved.  Maybe they'll learn enough about Jesus to stop stealing data from people.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maccabeus said:

Who needs a secret spy chip? I use a Lenovo that runs a diagnostic once every couple weeks or so. I just assume it's reporting everything on my machine straight back to China.

They're welcome to browse my family pictures; look at my pics of Glocks and various revolvers; as well as, read all the articles on the Bible and different topics of Christian theology I've saved.  Maybe they'll learn enough about Jesus to stop stealing data from people.

You rock!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

What happens if the chip is found? It'll underscore a key vulnerability with US industries outsourcing their electronics manufacturing to China, a risk that the security community has been warning about for years. So don't be surprised if the Trump administration uses the incident to ramp up the ongoing trade war between the two countries. This past week, US Vice President Mike Pence called on US companies to avoid doing business in China if it means handing over valuable technology to their local Chinese counterparts.

• Like 1