what the hell is sure post ???

ASH

and why the **** is it needed ?  since that crap got put on the mail  they screw us over.    i do not know how many packages  ive missed and  they got sent back  only to res send.  what happened to the ******* brown truck pulling in your drive way?    in the sticks we got po box , and physical address and before i order something i have to ask how you sending it ?  umm ups  then i wait then find out it went to city post office 20 mines away but got sent back .  i know i could google it but id rather not .  i told lady other day i want that ******* brown truck  to pull in my driveway  and deliver package  ,next day i had it .   it seems  ups and others do not take time anymore to go to house  they drop off at po box  and do not tell anyone .  i even started putting our post office address under mine and still it goes wayyyyyyyyy to town  or nowhere 

my rant for weekend

Not quite sure I understand the OPs rant, but I love the USPS street addressing.   I used to use my PO Box address as my address, and now I use the physical address of my post office, plus my box number as my address.  I now no longer have to worry about how a vendor is intending on shipping something - as many refuse to send to a PO Box.  Fine - send it any way you want - it is still going to the postmistress of my local post office who will hang on to it until I pick it up from her!

Once a month I am shipped $6K in MS medicine in a ice pack filled cooler.  It's marked all over "Signature Required".  The idiot UPS guy will leave it damn near anywhere.  Doesn't even knock.  Doesn't always leave it at the right house.  Last holiday season two were stolen.  UPS was not happy about having to reimburse the pharmacy $12K.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I had to GOOGLE that one.  Learn something new every day.

Bota Box Redvolution is the best cheap wine out there, IMHO, and the opinion of many wine enthusiasts...

10 hours ago, Cali-Glock said:

I used to use my PO Box address as my address, and now I use the physical address of my post office, plus my box number as my address.  I now no longer have to worry about how a vendor is intending on shipping something - as many refuse to send to a PO Box. 

I can see the roof of the post office from my house and they won't deliver to my address.  I get a free PO box, but it's a pain to have to walk down to the post office or stop by on my way home from work if I want to check my mail after having lived for over 40 years used to just walking to the end of the drive and checking the mailbox.

23 minutes ago, Presguy said:

I agree with you though - it's been bad everywhere I've lived. The tracking is all over the map (literally and figuratively), and I've had things arrive at a local post office and still not be delivered for 3-4 days.

I had a Sure Post/UPS shipment from Midway USA arrive at my local post office in two days then sit there for another 4.  The online tracking just said something like "arrived for processing".  Then it just showed up but online still said "arrived for processing".

They do a great job with it here, much better than UPS.  I watch the tracking and have gotten everything when I should from USPS standpoint.  Many times Amazon is late but USPS makes up for them.  Guess it just depends on where you are.  Complain to your postmaster.

6 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Bota Box Redvolution is the best cheap wine out there, IMHO, and the opinion of many wine enthusiasts...

I can see the roof of the post office from my house and they won't deliver to my address.  I get a free PO box, but it's a pain to have to walk down to the post office or stop by on my way home from work if I want to check my mail after having lived for over 40 years used to just walking to the end of the drive and checking the mailbox.

I had to google it as well.  Now that I know what it looks like I may try it.  I like the Costco Sangria on ice for now but it is $10 and only 6.5%.  I need a cheaper drunk than that.

How did they get out of delivering to the house?  They get away with not going to new houses but I thought they could not downgrade service.  I have a mailbox at the end of my driveway.

On a somewhat related note, the assholes at WalMart don't know how to use their inventory system so they are always out of something.  Knowing that a I made sure there was stock of cat litter on the internet before I went.  Got there and sure enough the section was still cleaned out, BASTARDS!!!!  So since they have free shipping on over $35 I bought 4 bags and some shaving cream for ~$35.72 and let them ship it.  100 pounds of crap for $35, I bet they lost money on that deal.  Poor FedEx lady had to lift the box.

I did the same thing awhile ago with 10 gallons of oil.

Home Depot is bad with inventory as well.