Mosquitoes

DrB

9 hours ago, c10bonanza said:

One side of my yard doesn’t drain well.  I never have standing water, but it is frequently moist in that area.  Mosquitos breed like crazy there.  I’ve yet to find a good solution short of installing a trench drain or something similar.  

Napalm!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, crockett said:

Hahaha!

No, that's actually the Mockingbird (Edit). How do I know? I have one of those *******s showing up each spring, faking car alarm and other sounds starting at 2 AM sharp each night, in an attempt to find a female to hump on.

He likes the tree next to my bedroom particularly. I had to water hose the tree for 2 weeks just after sunset to move his ass across the street into a neighbors tree. If he shows up again next year I'll either burn the tree down or my BB rifle may have an accident discharge.

This year I didn't get proper sleep for 2 month straight.

I take our mosquitoes over Mr ******* any freakin' time! And yes, I gave him that name and I call him ******* when I'm out in my yard.

I think Mockingbirds are more in South Florida. Never had a problem with them here, but I did have a Hummingbird try to take out the passenger side mirror of my F250. Little **** pecked on it three days straight till my pellet rifle put an end to that nonsense. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crockett said:

Hahaha!

No, that's actually the Mockingbird (Edit). How do I know? I have one of those *******s showing up each spring, faking car alarm and other sounds starting at 2 AM sharp each night, in an attempt to find a female to hump on.

You haven't lived until you've had a woodpecker banging away on your gutter.  Sounds like a jackhammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here in NW Iowa they haven't been bad despite some decent rain amounts over the last few weeks. We did have a dry spell of about three weeks that really dried things out so perhaps that was when the skeeters were supposed to hatch. I've only been bitten once so far. 

3 hours ago, DrB said:

We send the retired ones down there.  Where else they going to go.....

But ..………………………. ummmmmmm ……………...we have no mosquito retirement programs in Florida, and the Mosquito Welfare program money has gone to illegal aliens  Illegal Aliens which really puts the screws to American born, retired mosquitos who have come here to enjoy their golden years. 

• Haha 1