G19 gen 5, i almost liked it

DieselMcBadass

I am known as a glock hater, but ive tried to warm up to them. Put a mag through a gen 5 19 yesterday. Trigger is better, it came with night sights from factory (glock plastic sights are just insulting, the fact after 5 gens it would have that garbage is rediculous. Nut the trijicon it had on it was mint. The frontstrap is so much more confortable without finger grooves and it felt good in hand. Honesty, it shot great. I just cant get over the grip angle and the gun pointing high. 

2 hours ago, Valmet said:

I’m a die-hard Gen3 guy but I like the Gen5, though I’m def not a fan of the ambi slide stop. New finish and beveled slide is a plus IMO. 

all the ambi slide stop needs is a simple modification.

glk ambi slide stop.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, windowasher said:

You do realize there are people cringing right now because you have an upgraded Glock?   :anim_rofl2:

It isn't an upgrade. it's just fixing one of Glock's mistakes just like removing the finger grooves or changing the sights. Glock should offer the Gen 5 slide release as Left only, right only, or ambi. I oppose any supposed upgrade that makes the trigger unsafe and unreliable or cosmetic upgrades that make the gun more ugly.

There are things about the Glock that I really like but there are things about it that I don't like. As the OP has said, I don't like the grip angle and the gun pointing high and that's because of that stupit "Hump" at the bottom rear of the grip.  But I've discovered that you can get used to it if you shoot the gun enough and learn how to grip the gun in such a way that it 3works for you. If the grip doesn't fit your hand, make your hand fit the grip.

2 hours ago, c10bonanza said:

I like everything about the 5th gen G19 except the mag cutout on the front strap.  Doesn't feel right in my hand.  Fill that back in and it is perfection for me.

Same here.  I solved that issue by changing to Pearce magazine base plates.  Worked like a charm.

I found this site had the best price for them:  https://balldraggertactical.com/products/pearce-grip-bs-plt-for-glk-g5-m19-14

• Like 1