Knife Storage

willieH

I previously used a nylon padded case for the folders but the fixed blade knives were laying between the pistols in the safe. I wanted something to keep all my knives together and found this hard case that seems ideal for my small collection.

What are the rest of you using for storage?

44011071791_f91fb03a2d_b.jpg

44011075841_241467c5e2_h.jpg

• Like 3

I have a few too many folders to use a case like that.

I have a 12" deep wooden wall cabinet (sitting on the floor) dedicated to folder storage, and inside the cabinet I use plastic boxes from Sterilite, with a piece of tool-box drawer liner in the bottom of each box. Each box will hold 10-12 folders, depending on thickness. I've only one or two that are too long to fit cross-wise of the box. 

Px4yf5l.jpg

EXHbrNw.jpg

Edited by 9x19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I don't spend enough on knives.  I keep the few I have in a handful of practical places: pants pocket, dresser drawer, car consoles, tool boxes, and the kitchen catch-all drawer.  There may be a couple more tossed in with my camping supplies. 

That seems to cover all my needs.  If I'm going to spend money on something I don't need, I don't settle for knives, I go straight to more guns.

I have a couple of fixed blades and two folders. The fixed blades haven't been out of the sheaths in over a year. The two folders are Kershaw Brawlers, they are my go everywhere, do everything working knives. I use one of those multiple times daily. The only blood they have ever drawn is mine.  Very useful tools, I'm not a collector of anything I don't use frequently. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 1:47 PM, Smokey45 said:

I have a couple of fixed blades and two folders. The fixed blades haven't been out of the sheaths in over a year. The two folders are Kershaw Brawlers, they are my go everywhere, do everything working knives. I use one of those multiple times daily. The only blood they have ever drawn is mine.  Very useful tools, I'm not a collector of anything I don't use frequently. 

It appears you have a small collection of fixed blades.O.o

This question is not directed at you personally, but why the negative connotations with collecting things?

I have a collection of hand planes, stuff I found in garage sales and most likely would have been tossed by those with little interest in hand tools.

40281667044_d84b5ca4e4_h.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Red Wal-mart toolbox to keep my 8-year-old son out of them.

On 8/13/2018 at 6:47 AM, willieH said:

I previously used a nylon padded case for the folders but the fixed blade knives were laying between the pistols in the safe. I wanted something to keep all my knives together and found this hard case that seems ideal for my small collection.

What are the rest of you using for storage?

44011071791_f91fb03a2d_b.jpg

44011075841_241467c5e2_h.jpg

Your knives are better than my knives.  But WTF is that on the bottom right?

And where are the sheaths?

On 9/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, SC Tiger said:

Red Wal-mart toolbox to keep my 8-year-old son out of them.

Your knives are better than my knives.  But WTF is that on the bottom right?

And where are the sheaths?

War Toad- TuffKnives friction folder design produced by Boker.

39924353324_dcf15232b7_b.jpg

39739562635_a34df6d7a4_b.jpg

40634797351_57c0b05b5a_b.jpg

39924351684_ed587cc14f_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...