Magpul Magazines

fortyofforty

I use their AR and AK mags. Both are good to go. Even the AK mags have held up, and I was doubtful at first. 

Lots of guys at work use the Glock mags for range practice and from what I’ve seen they work reliably also.  I found a good deal on factory Glock mags and stocked up, so I can’t comment on the Magpul Glock mags. 

Edited by Collim1

29 minutes ago, Smokey45 said:

I have a few Magpul Glock magazines, the 21rd 120mm mags for the 34, and I have a have a half dozen or so of the 12rd mags for the 26. They work great. I've used their AR magazines for years. All good stuff.

s45

OK; the caliber wars are officially over

I have used Magpul AR magazines for years, too, and really like them.  That's what led me to give their GLOCK magazines a chance.  They seem pretty good.  I don't like the polymer feed lips, but I'll see if they hold up without spilling rounds out or causing malfunctions.

I've used the Magpul Glock GL9 mags for quite a while now with no issues. These are the 17-round 9mm mags.  I know quite a few others who use them at the range.  I've used lots of Magpul products over the years and haven't had any issues with any of them (AK mags, AR mags, AR sights, AR furniture, AK furniture, slings, etc), so I figured I'd give the Glock mags a chance.

I have a couple of the Magpul magazines, but ended up going with the ETS magazines. Main reason was that the ETS magazines were couple of dollars cheaper. They have worked fine without any issues. I use Glock mags for my EDC and the ETS/magpul for matches.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. but they don't have metal feed lips, do they?  That would be my main concern regardless of the fact that Magpull makes quality magazines.

I have a Korean 50 round drum mag with the plastic feed lips and it's actually held up pretty well but I don't trust anything but Genuine Glock mags for defensive use and I don't like to use mag extensions either.

I have a bunch of Magpul 30 and 40 round AR mags that I've kept fully loaded for years. I recently took 20 of them with me to the woods and they were 100%. I trust them with my ARs. Like you, I prefer factory Glock mags for carry however, the Magpul G26 mags look really interesting. I'm going to be giving those a try over the next few months to see how they do. 

I have over 20 for G26 and 19. All of them are reliable but for Carry use oem glock mags. I would not hesitate to use them in a pinch. A couple of them have a few hundred rounds and not one misfeed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/1/2018 at 8:04 PM, fortyofforty said:

Anyone use Magpul magazines?  I just tried a few for my G19 and G26, and they seem fine.  Any experience with them?

Oh I have used, abused, stomped on, threw, and dragged dozens of the AR magazines through training.   In one case six days with Magpul.  

The magazines did better than me.  They needed to be cleaned after about 5,000 rounds.  I on the other hand was a physical wreck for about a week.

These things just work: 

I like H&K magazines but don't want to pay 100 Kroners for one.  There's a pun in there.

• Like 1

After carrying two in a magazine pouch on my left side for several weeks, I can say the Magpul magazines do tend to expand when loaded, much like those old first generation GLOCK magazines.  They don't sit down as far in the pouch as standard GLOCK magazines, or, if I force them in, they take some effort to extract.  I might have to relegate them to the practice bag.  The G26 magazines will still find a place in my magazine well, of course, interchangeably with OEM.