Most Accurate Glock

Eric

• Administrators

What is the most accurate Glock, in your hand? I won't ask what is the most accurate pistol, because that really depends on the shooter.

For me, the most accurate Glock has always been the Glock 21. From the first time I ever fired one, I was able to shoot overlapping holes with it. It always fit my hand the most naturally and I love the recoil impulse. It gets back on target quickly, for fast followup shots. It is just a joy to shoot. If it wasn't so damn thick, I would be carrying it instead of a 1911. I can fire the Glock 21 as accurately as my 5" Kimber, but I can fire the Kimber almost twice as fast, at the same rate of fire at which I can fire the 21 accurately. It isn't a fair comparison though.

So, which one is the most accurate, for you?

I can't figure out what is wrong. I have a G 19 and I shoot to the left. I have replaced the stock rear sight with an adjustable one. I understand most of accuracy is the shooter but I have tried different shooting stances, trigger finger positions,etc. Is it possible the GUN is the problem. I see these forums around the internet saying that but I just don't know. I am very close to selling it. I don't see the same thing with my Ruger sr9c. ?

• Administrators
I can't figure out what is wrong. I have a G 19 and I shoot to the left. I have replaced the stock rear sight with an adjustable one. I understand most of accuracy is the shooter but I have tried different shooting stances, trigger finger positions,etc. Is it possible the GUN is the problem. I see these forums around the internet saying that but I just don't know. I am very close to selling it. I don't see the same thing with my Ruger sr9c. ?

If you are right-handed and hitting to the left, the issue is almost certainly a trigger control problem. Clear the pistol and practice dry firing. Pull the trigger slowly and smoothly, so that the front site does not move, when the trigger breaks. Practice this a lot.

This is an issue that can be resolved, with good training. When you shoot, keep the trigger pull slow and smooth and try to get the trigger to break without the front site moving. It will be slow going at first, but speed will come naturally, with practice. Just remember, fast is fine, but accuracy is final.

• Like 2

When I first got back into Glocks a few years ago after only shooting revolvers and 1911's for a while I shot low left a lot. I knew what it was and persisted in shooting the gun but I was still shooting a little low and left so I adjusted the sight a bit. After a few months I had to drift it back where it was.

When I have a bad day and am shooting poorly, the shots string out down and to the left but when I am doing my part I am pretty much centered.

• Like 1

"Most accurate Glock" ... this is entirely impossible to answer based only on "hardware" factors alone. One could argue that the greatest accuracy for many people will result from a long sight radius, so ... the long frame Glocks will be the "most" accurate. Others will say that the grip size will determine accuracy, therefore the Glocks with the largest grips will be the "most" accurate, or likewise, smaller grips for smaller hands, or recoil tolerance, or ....

Anyone who thinks they can actually provide an objective, definitive answer to that questions is really just kidding themselves and others.

I suppose if you put every possible Glock configuration in a Ransom rest and sort through all possible ammo types, weights, loads, and so forth you might be able to say, "This one is the "MORE" accurate" Glock.

But otherwise, it is a fool's errand to try to answer this question with any kind of objectivity.

For me the "most" accurate Glock is the one I train with incessantly and learn how to hold, and shoots, inside and out and then repeat it over and over again.

• Administrators
"Most accurate Glock" ... this is entirely impossible to answer based only on "hardware" factors alone. One could argue that the greatest accuracy for many people will result from a long sight radius, so ... the long frame Glocks will be the "most" accurate. Others will say that the grip size will determine accuracy, therefore the Glocks with the largest grips will be the "most" accurate, or likewise, smaller grips for smaller hands, or recoil tolerance, or ....

Anyone who thinks they can actually provide an objective, definitive answer to that questions is really just kidding themselves and others.

I suppose if you put every possible Glock configuration in a Ransom rest and sort through all possible ammo types, weights, loads, and so forth you might be able to say, "This one is the "MORE" accurate" Glock.

But otherwise, it is a fool's errand to try to answer this question with any kind of objectivity.

For me the "most" accurate Glock is the one I train with incessantly and learn how to hold, and shoots, inside and out and then repeat it over and over again.

The question was, "What is the most accurate Glock, in your hand." Which Glock do you fire the most accurately?

Either because I was younger with stronger hands and better eyesight or because of being a full size my first Glock, a Gen 2 G22 was most accurate for me.

I struggle now to be consistent with my G19 and I don't want to talk about my G26.

I'll pick up a G17, 34, or 17L one of these days and see if the full size grip and longer sight radius help.

I take 100% credit for inaccuracy. I've seen Mike Ross shoot a G26 and beat out guys shooting G17s, 34s etc in both accuracy and speed. 1999 I was shooting in my backyard when I had a free minute and decent weather. Now, my practice was the last match.

I've never spent much time accuracy testing a Glock, so have no real numbers to claim. 

I will say that when I got my first, I couldn't shoot it worth a damn. I actually boxed it back up and didn't touch it again for years. I was debating selling it and took it out to shoot it once more, and every thing just seemed to click for me. I found steel plate hit at both 25 and 50 years to be boringly simple. That gun is a Glock 17 3gen.