Rabbi

If you just arrived, say hi!

36 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Well... After the sudden - at the time unexplained - general loss of ability to do more than browse GT it was nice to learn it wasn’t just me. 

So I’ve come to visit and maybe become a big fan and participant. 

Who will start the three mission critical threads:

I didn’t read the thread but wanted to respond anyway

Photos taken by members

It’s Caturday

The last part has been done...

-Pat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Same as most of the rest of you... Former member of the unmentioned site in the great white north. Glad to see you here!

• Like 3

Greetings all! Looking forward to scoping things out here. Is it possible to use gif’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Lurker since the beginning on the old site, just joined.... what bull**** (sorry not sorry). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HarpoMarx said:

Greetings all! Looking forward to scoping things out here. Is it possible to use gif’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you trying to host yourself or looking for a built in forum module?

• Like 2

Just signed up after receiving Eric's email and thought I would say hello.

• Like 3

Same 12131 from GT here. Found this place after receiving and reading Eric's farewell thread in email.

• Like 3

Was a member of the "other" site for over a decade. Sorry about how things went down. However, the community you built will recover.

• Like 3

Just got the GT email and read Eric's goodbye thread. I am a newbie and a lurker, I never really posted much at GT. Just wanted you to know of one more new member resulting from that email. Cheers.

p.s., when registering an account here, the website is not running Secure HTTP. Everything should be running HTTPS these days to prevent malicious intercept of passwords during account creation and login/authentication.

• Like 2

Hello folks!

I was on GlockTalk beginning in March 2003 and loved it back in the day. When I received Eric’s email I read his notice and immediately registered here.

Eric - thanks for creating GT and giving us a great place to hang out. I completely agree with your position on 2A/Canadian ownership (I suspect many Canadians do too) and your decision to leave GT. Best of luck with this new forum.

I look forward to being active here and reacquainting myself with some of the other transplants.

Hoppy

• Like 2

Hello everyone. I just got my 10 year trophy from GT and then got an email bout the latest. 

Eric, its unfortunate the way it went down but thats what happened and it is what it is. The door shut but you opened a new one. Good on you. The members that appreciate what you created will migrate over. May TBS flourish into the greatness that GT once was! Thanks for creating this and thanks for all of your hard work.

• Like 3

Charter Lifetime Member #10 of The Big Giant Head's "other site" since '99. Let's do this again!

• Like 1

it is with sadness I move here, it is with happiness I am here.

Eric, your letter touched me deeply, Glad you are continuing.

• Like 3

Smokey45 here. Haven't had a lot of time to participate on the other forum the last couple of years, I plan to make time to check in here. Hello to all I've interacted with in the past, looking forward to the future here. 

s45

• Like 2

Hi and thanks to Eric for reminding me to get over here with his opus as an Admin at GT. Looking forward to how things develop over here and will try to broaden my horizons in the forums where I regularly participate. 

• Like 2

Hi all,

Not very active over there but somehow @Eric's email made it to my inbox, so he apparently still.has a trick or.tqo up his sleeve. :-)

Good morning all and have a great July 4th.

• Like 2

Hello everyone. I don’t usually jump in to new things, but I have a good feeling about this place. :D

And, I lost the “P”. 

• Like 2

it is with sadness I move here, it is with happiness I am here.
Eric, your letter touched me deeply, Glad you are continuing.

Show me on this doll where the letter touched you.....

;-)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1