Well, I think I Finally have found the Red Dot I want

Swampfox762

I'm no fan of red dots on rifles, let alone on pistols. Target acquisition is pretty slow in my book due to the small field of view and the big ring / enclosure.

All my rifles have true 1.0 to 6 or 8 scopes. My favorite is the Kahles K16i. It has a Field of view of 42 meters at 100 meters.

Since its a true 1.0x (no magnification) scope at the short end, you can use it with both eyes open. The eye box is huge, the clarity is so crisp and full with detail that you will want to walk around with this thing 24/7.

A self defense weapon relies heavily on speed. A fast optic is paramount. Most really good 3 gun match guys use 1.0+ scopes afaik.

image.png.ed9533cbb3231baf29508adef3c9273d.png

Kahles-K16i-1-6x24.jpg

Granted, those scopes don't go on pistols but my fastest pistol sight for home and self defense are Ghost Rings. They also allow you to rack the slide with one hand if one gets injured. I won't do 2 inch groups at 25 yards, but I will dump a mag center mass at 10 yards on a moving object very quickly.

Dead Ringer Snake Eyes Sights for Glock G-P 4 DR4583 On Sale

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I definitely want to see it and hold it before I decide.  Think it might be awhile.  No one seems to have it yet. 

Buy it on Amazon once available, test it, send it back, get a full refund. Make sure you buy directly from Amazon and not a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

If you like it, buy it again on an independent online shop and support a small business. ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Buy it on Amazon once available, test it, send it back, get a full refund. Make sure you buy directly from Amazon and not a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

If you like it, buy it again on an independent online shop and support a small business. ;) 

What you wanna bet that Amazon stops selling anything gun related this year?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Amazon doesn't have it listed yet, even none with 3rd party sellers yet.  It says on the Leupold site you can order it for $519.99, but I like the sound of $399 a hell of alot better, so...I'll wait awhile.:greensupergrin:

image.png.5320a9f40234e3ef846c01cf3173bece.png

23 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

This thing looks really amazing.  Love the low profile.  Think I might have to "pull the trigger" on this puppy...

I like the low profile, but not the overhanging wart.  But you have to put the power supply somewhere.

Definitely not going to work on my CZs.

Edited by jmohme

10 minutes ago, jmohme said:

What you wanna bet that Amazon stops selling anything gun related this year?

In a larger context, I bet we will soon see another mass shooting, most likely a false flag event staged by the deep state, only to be used so that Biden can ban all AR style rifles and and all high cap mags via executive order, followed by a bunch of bills that will go through all instances without any chance to be vetoed. THEN Amazon will drop all gun parts, Twitter, Google / YouTube and Facebook will continue with the conservative purge by banning all gun related content.

Edited by crockett

15 hours ago, crockett said:

I'm no fan of red dots on rifles, let alone on pistols. Target acquisition is pretty slow in my book due to the small field of view and the big ring / enclosure.

All my rifles have true 1.0 to 6 or 8 scopes. My favorite is the Kahles K16i. It has a Field of view of 42 meters at 100 meters.

Since its a true 1.0x (no magnification) scope at the short end, you can use it with both eyes open. The eye box is huge, the clarity is so crisp and full with detail that you will want to walk around with this thing 24/7.

A self defense weapon relies heavily on speed. A fast optic is paramount. Most really good 3 gun match guys use 1.0+ scopes afaik.

image.png.ed9533cbb3231baf29508adef3c9273d.png

Kahles-K16i-1-6x24.jpg

Granted, those scopes don't go on pistols but my fastest pistol sight for home and self defense are Ghost Rings. They also allow you to rack the slide with one hand if one gets injured. I won't do 2 inch groups at 25 yards, but I will dump a mag center mass at 10 yards on a moving object very quickly.

Dead Ringer Snake Eyes Sights for Glock G-P 4 DR4583 On Sale

That looks like a gorgeous optic... Being Kahles, I assume it is fairly expensive... (go to Amazon to check it out) Yikes - for $2K street price it had better be.  

I have been tempted to try a ghost ring sight on a pistol.  I absolutely love ghost ring sighs on defensive shotguns.. heck - any shotgun!

My preferred sights on pistols are plain black rears.  I am probably going to try out the AmeriGlo Hackathorns on my Glock 30S. The rear sight opening looks a bit narrow.  I am thinking my ideal might be an AmeriGlo front and a Sevigny competition (wider-opening) black rear.   I am tempted by the AmeriGlo Ghost Ring sights you show in your post, but I prefer not to have rear sight dots or lines to distract me from the front sight. 

_57__76574.1440621697.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Edited by Cali-Glock

17 hours ago, crockett said:

.......My favorite is the Kahles K16i. It has a Field of view of 42 meters at 100 meters.

For $2K, it better be good. Damn good.

I see they make a K18i. 1x-8x.

4 hours ago, jmohme said:

I like the low profile, but not the overhanging wart.  But you have to put the power supply somewhere.

Definitely not going to work on my CZs.

Pretty sure it's only for Glocks and a couple Smiths right now.  Still can't find one at any gun store or on Amazon.  Yet...

53 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

For $2K, it better be good. Damn good.

I see they make a K18i. 1x-8x.

Yes, that one came out last year. Kahles is the company that invented scopes a long time ago. They are made in Austria with glass from Swarovski. I own a couple scopes in the 200 to 300 dollar range from Vortex and Leupold, its a different world indeed.

• Thanks 1