Rick Moranis attacked while walking near NYC's Central Park(video)

TBO

Just now, Eric said:

Yeah, I remember that. A memorable collaboration.

I had friends that made it to that concert.  It was two hours away.  I should have bit the bullet and eaten beans and rice for a month to go.

Now when the Police reunion tour happened a few years ago.   If they had been within about 500 miles Id have gone!

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Historian said:

Some people do time travel in a way.  Not physically.  Like in a movie.  But when a great teacher like Phyfe inspires and teaces....he brings the past to the present...and put us in contact with our past.

History books do that for me.   I can get lost in a period.  A topic.

Like...murder...aye Salieri?  Did you do it? I think you're guilty.

Iwish I knew how much I enjoy learning, when I was a kid.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Historian said:

He was.  But it's interesting to note how many good actors were in that TV show.

I remember a Taxi episode where Danny Devito went over to Reverend Jim, grabbed his earlobe with a pair of plyers and yanked. Nothing happened. Fifteen minutes later further in to the episode, during a different scene entirely, Jim jumps up, grabs his ear and screens. That was so damned funny.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric said:

Iwish I knew how much I enjoy learning, when I was a kid.

It wasn't until i was in my late teens and i had a really great history teacher that i realized that part of the reason I wake up, is to chew off the leather restraining straps the mistress left me in,  and enjoy learning something new.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eric said:

I remember a Taxi episode where Danny Devito went over to Reverend Jim, grabbed his earlobe with a pair of plyers and yanked. Nothing happened. Fifteen minutes later further in to the episode, during a different scene entirely, Jim jumps up, grabs his ear and screens. That was so damned funny.

For me it was his college days.  Mr. Formal...must study and do right on his way to Oxford.  

One marijuana brownie later...he was a taxi driver.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

A not-quite-one-hit wonder, but I enjoy the song.

I always thought there was some issue here.   At one point he sings about The Things We do for Love...and later says...I'm Not in Love.

Edited by Historian

• Administrators

I always thought there was some issue here.   At one point he sings about The Things We do for Love...and later says...I'm Not in Love.

Seventies version of a celebrity Facebook status change?

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Sounds like it...he might have just been Taking the Long Way Home.  But he should at leas stop for Breakfast in America.

I'm a Supertramp fan, but I really liked  1980s Roger Hodgson.

"Had a dream. It was war, but they won't tell us what it is for. But it is something they can lie about, something we can die about, you know. Every time, every place, that I look that man in the face, not a face I want to see sleeping with the enemy, you know." That's is a deades-old memory of that lyric, but I'm betting it is pretty close. I love this song.

Just now, Eric said:

I'm a Supertramp fan, but I really liked  1980s Roger Hodgson.

"Had a dream. It was war, but they won't tell us what it is for. But it is something they can lie about, something we can die about, you know. Every time, every place, that I look that man in the face, not a face I want to see sleeping with the enemy, you know." That's is a deades-old memory of that lyric, but I'm betting it is pretty close. I love this song.

And for good reason.  Music does that.  It hits special parts of our minds...and sticks there with meaning.  There are songs i can't listen to because they destroy me.  And others that lift me.   Even the ancient Greeks studied this. Seriously.

And i agree Hodgson was amazing.

• Like 1

• Administrators

And for good reason.  Music does that.  It hits special parts of our minds...and sticks there with meaning.  There are songs i can't listen to because they destroy me.  And others that lift me.   Even the ancient Greeks studied this. Seriously.

And i agree Hodgson was amazing.

The Cold War was having an increasing influence on our culture and music at that time. It really showed in pop/rock music.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric said:

GOTG ressurected a lot of great sventies/eighties music. I'll never hear this ELO song again without thinking about this scene.

Laugh.  Oh yeah.  And i can't hear Super Tramp without thinking of long nights on patrol in a rural part of my state listening to Art Bell on the radio.

Thinking...this is not place to be listening to some dude talk about UFOs.

He once said, "Long after I'm gone you'll remember me by the bumper music I played."

And that's what music is.  Reminds us of a time and place.

• Like 2

• Administrators
Just now, Historian said:

Laugh.  Oh yeah.  And i can't hear Super Tramp without thinking of long nights on patrol in a rural part of my state listening to Art Bell on the radio.

Thinking...this is not place to be listening to some dude talk about UFOs.

He once said, "Long after I'm gone you'll remember me by the bumper music I played."

And that's what music is.  Reminds us of a time and place.

It is a powerful medium.

1 minute ago, Eric said:

The Cold War was having an increasing influence on our culture and music at that time. It really showed in pop/rock music.

Springsteen played as the wall fell, Eric

East Germany was no more (well except for an island Cuba gave them, that was technically never, given back West Germany or returned to Cuba.

• Like 1