7.62X25 Thoughts?

tadbart

I've had a couple of Tokerevs and like them but I hate the thumb safeties that the importer are required to install. I actually removed the safety on my Norinco Tokerev and covered the hole with a blank plate. I also havew an afewter market 38 Super barrel for mine which are hard to find.  Otherwise the CZ52's are great pistols and very sexy looking. Just don't use the safety to drop the hammer ot parts breakage can occur..

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 5:45 AM, tadbart said:

Thanks for the voice of experience, Gentlemen! I'll take a look at those two pistols.

Here is a reasonable write up on the CZ-52. As the writer points out it is an old design that was last made more than 60 years ago, so parts are getting more scarce.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/04/03/the-cz-52-pistol-a1950s-czech-hotrod

And I can attest to the truth of this observation.

Even in a 33-ounce gun, the fast little bottlenecked round still produces a good bit of felt recoil and a muzzle blast that is sure to scare away bystanders on both ends of the gun. But it works. "

:crylikeender:

17 hours ago, willie-pete said:

And I can attest to the truth of this observation.

Even in a 33-ounce gun, the fast little bottlenecked round still produces a good bit of felt recoil and a muzzle blast that is sure to scare away bystanders on both ends of the gun. But it works. "

:crylikeender:

Good article. For a couple hundred bucks, sounds like it could be a nice little truck gun. Just make sure it's outside of the truck before pulling the trigger.

@Swampfox762 that 1911 is SWEET! researching that as well, but it doesn't look like truck gun material, at all!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 8:08 PM, tadbart said:

I was just given 500 rounds of 7.62x25 pistol ammo.

I don't have a gun of this caliber. Yet.

Options? Pistols to avoid?

Zastava USA now imports the Tokarev for very reasonable price. As much as I like the CZ, a modern production Tok makes better sense. 

6 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

Zastava USA now imports the Tokarev for very reasonable price. As much as I like the CZ, a modern production Tok makes better sense. 

That, it does. It seems that there are parts available for the CZ, but they are also getting a bit long in the tooth, and may eventually be tough to find. Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate to acquire a couple of surplus M-57s with the trigger safeties which have since been replaced with original triggers. After I shot the first one for the first time, the search for another immediately began! These are my first venture into 7.62x25mm but hope to add some others in the caliber as time progresses.

A hot load for a pistol, but fun to shoot and mine are fairly accurate. The M-57 has a longer grip and 9 round mag capacity than the T-33s.

There are several good options lately for handguns in 7.62x25mm. Some are more comfortable to shoot than others. I would advise you to check some videos on models you are considering. Many times, they can be helpful in the decision making process.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a CZ52 that I bought 15 years ago.. Makarov.com was still around and the go to site for East European pistol parts so I bought a spare firing pin, a couple extra mags and a heavier 16 pound(?) recoil spring. It is fun to shoot but I haven't shot if for a few years. I still have some hardball 86 grain and a couple of boxes of 85 grain JHPs in case I decide to break it out again. Even though I haven't used it or the Makarov for a while I am keeping both.

• 3 weeks later...