Doggos

pipedreams

12 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Good for you!!!  You can see in those eyes, he/she's gonna be a Great one!!!  "HI Poppy!!":D

Thanks.  We just gotta get her trained.  I'm probably going to find a training class for her and us because she may have a little Pit Bull in her.  We gotta make sure she doesn't bite.  And none of us have ever raised a puppy before.

Good news is she supposedly won't get over about 50 lbs, so more of a "Petey" Pit than a Michael Vick Pit Bull.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

None of us have ever raised a puppy before.

Make sure your closet doors are closed if you like your and your wife's shoes!!!:anim_lol: I sure miss havin a dog.  I haven't given up though.  I'm still trying to mentally beat my lovely wife into submission.  I really want a "rescue" boy or girl.  I'm not giving up...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

Thanks.  We just gotta get her trained.  I'm probably going to find a training class for her and us because she may have a little Pit Bull in her.  We gotta make sure she doesn't bite.  And none of us have ever raised a puppy before.

Good news is she supposedly won't get over about 50 lbs, so more of a "Petey" Pit than a Michael Vick Pit Bull.

Puppies will chew, it's what kids do.  The only mistake made is when they chew something before they learn not to and someone gets upset enough to react too much.  The trick to raising a dog is to learn how to communicate with them.

You will learn with your dog, as we all have with ours. Just consider that they are like a toddler and the thought process is the same up till about 3 or 4 years old (child's age) probably one year for the pup.

You will have the most loveable creature on Earth in you family.  To a dog you're it's pack and the pack has a pecking order that the dog must learn. 

The best advice I got about raising a dog was that if the dog doesn't see a clear leader of the pack, they will assume that they much fill that role.  Many time they don't want to, but a pack must have a leader and they will assume the role if no one else will.  You are the alpha,  the dog must learn this.

I envy you.  The best times for my wife and me were when we got a new puppy, they are like a newborn and just as loveable.  This will turn into the best time of your lives.

• Like 2

Yes.  I feel bad for my GSD.  He wanders around the new house.  He will have a fence soon, so he can do what he likes to do best-run.  They type A style Rat Terrier loves just running as fast as he can through the house, or curling up on someone or a blanket to take a nap.

• Like 2