I'm free! No more Smart(ass) phone!

jmohme

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

This reinforces something I have said for some time. 

The one thing that all "smart" devices share is that they are anything but smart.

The best pulse rate monitor I found on an watch, records my pulse rate at 1/2 the actual rate, but consistently.

Pulse rate from a watch is not a trivial thing to do.  I designed pulse rate and blood pressure  patient monitoring systems.  Of course if you give up accuracy it's a lot easier.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The best pulse rate monitor I found on an watch, records my pulse rate at 1/2 the actual rate, but consistently.

Pulse rate from a watch is not a trivial thing to do.  I designed pulse rate and blood pressure  patient monitoring systems.  Of course if you give up accuracy it's a lot easier.

Mine and my wifes Apple Watches both seem pretty accurate when compared to what my doctor gets. 

He was pretty impressed with the ECG data too. Or maybe he was just being nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

Mine and my wifes Apple Watches both seem pretty accurate when compared to what my doctor gets. 

Or maybe he didn't see the times it was in error.

My doctor was just getting my BP meds figured out.

I brought a chart of my systolic and diastolic blood pressure.  It consisted of 2,000 points, one each for morning and night for a couple of years.

I did regression lines of the data and found a cyclic change that followed seasons.  I found this interesting.

When I showed him the chart he pointed at one single point out of 2,000 and said, "That bothers me".

Doctors don't seem to be any better at statistics or data trends and analysis than their patients.

When he saw a declining linear regression line over the data he said what do you suppose that means?  I told him when the linear regression line for my overall Blood Pressure over time, crosses the zero axis,  I die.  You should have seen the look on his face!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What I find is even more interesting is, when I tell my wife she was snoring most of the night, she adamantly refuses to acknowledge that she could even snore.

Being the A'hole I am, one night I recorded it on my phone, and played it for her the next day after all her denials. 

I don't understand, boy was she pissed!!!!!!!

I tried to reason with her, and told her if she was having sex with me she couldn't be snoring.  She quickly refutes a logical argument.

I know, but I can't change, I'm a husband.

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2020 at 8:39 PM, jmohme said:

I found the pulse rate on my watch to be quite accurate when I compare it to two other sources.  My BP monitor also records the pulse and I have KardiaMobile which gives me a third reference.  The Kardia is quite a amazing little device that will detect Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia, Tachycardia or Normal heart rhythm. The nice thing all this data can be stored on the phone.  Actually they are no longer phones but hand held computers with a phone feature or app.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I found the pulse rate on my watch to be quite accurate when I compare it to two other sources.  My BP monitor also records the pulse and I have KardiaMobile which gives me a third reference.  The Kardia is quite a amazing little device that will detect Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia, Tachycardia or Normal heart rhythm. The nice thing all this data can be stored on the phone.  Actually they are no longer phones but hand held computers with a phone feature or app.

I have been checking the pulse rate accuracy of my watch agains my Cardio BP monitor. The seem to be in agreement.

Thats interesting about your other device. The last I read, they were still fighting for approval for use in the USA. That might have been a different brand though.

2 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I have been checking the pulse rate accuracy of my watch agains my Cardio BP monitor. The seem to be in agreement.

Thats interesting about your other device. The last I read, they were still fighting for approval for use in the USA. That might have been a different brand though.

Here is what I was referring to.  https://store.alivecor.com/products/kardiamobile

• Like 1