Guilty, guilty, guilty...

Mrs.Cicero

17 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Clafoutis is like a heavy custard without any crust.  Best lazy dessert ever.

They have what are called lattice-top pies which might be easier to make if you didn't have to weave the strips of pie crust on top together, but would that work?

On 8/13/2019 at 7:33 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

I just finished baking the second blueberry custard pie for today (this was after we finished off Sunday's blueberry muffins).  Tomorrow I will bake a cherry custard pie and a cherry clafoutis.  Then I will decide if I am up to baking a real cherry pie (with a real top crust, not a custard, which is what I do when I am too lazy to make a top crust).  And then I will contemplate what to do with the blackberries (I could bake more custard pies, but they don't freeze well so we would have to eat them all this week...).  What DOES this have to do with the title of the thread, you are wondering...

Well, I'm baking all this because I feel guilty wasting berries and cherries, and I don't feel like making any more jam (except one batch of cherry/hot pepper/tequila because I'm inventing that recipe).  But now that I've baked all this yummy stuff, I feel guilty for eating it, and for feeding it to everyone else because we all know desserts are bad for you, blah, blah, blah.  Why can't I either waste the darn berries(noooo!) or just enjoy all the desserts?  This is annoying the daylights out of me.

Uh, can I bring some whipped cream and a nice port?  :eat:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

How about Heinz 57?

No.  :miff:

Pasties are a somewhat bland dish, more intended to be filling than a delight to the palate.

In Da UP, piccalilli, a spicy English relish, was often served to add some zest to the meal.

We shall see if Tony commits a culinary sin again.

:biggrin:

37 minutes ago, tous said:

Pasties are a somewhat bland dish, more intended to be filling than a delight to the palate.

In Da UP, piccalilli, a spicy English relish, was often served to add some zest to the meal.

Cover that puppy in some salsa!!

?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

Pasties!  :banana:

Tell Tony that the proper addition to a Yooper pasty is butter, salt and pepper.

You can get away with ketchup.

No A-1.

Nope.

Just don't do it.

I love pasties.  I'd eat right through them to get what's underneath...….  What!..... Oh...… Never mind.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I hate pasties.  I am not a real Mchigander.

:cry:

What's not to like?

Cheap cut of beef, potatoes, onions and rutabaga wrapped in pie crust and baked at 325 for 45 minutes until it is dry and flavorless.

As only the English can do with food.

Edited by tous
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tous said:

:cry:

What's not to like?

Cheap cut of beef, potatoes, onions and rutabaga wrapped in pie crust and baked at 325 for 45 minutes until it is dry and flavorless.

As only the English can do with food.

They're delicious! And...they have beer and wine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, janice6 said:

You know that except for the type food that threatens your heart, I don't see much to long for.

You're not a Yooper.

We have a tradition of bland and boring to uphold.

It's them nine months of winter, two month of poor sledding and one month of pigeon-sized deer flies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tous said:

You're not a Yooper.

We have a tradition of bland and boring to uphold.

It's them nine months of winter, two month of poor sledding and one month of pigeon-sized deer flies.

You realize that you're describing Minnesota don't you.

I also, am a member of the sunlight deprived 9 months out of the year, earflap crowd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, tous said:

ou-are-not-the-boss-of-me-33432539.png

• Haha 2