Phone call

Wayward Son

I just got off the phone with my cousin who called and asked if I wanted to buy his gun collection, safe, ammo and all his reloading stuff at Rosedale prices.

He's recently placed his mom in a nursing home and I thought maybe he needed money for that but no, he is getting divorced for the 2nd time. His first wife left him when a concrete pier he was pouring fell on him, breaking his back, pelvis and arm. He recovered from that and went back to running heavy equipment, met his stb ex and got remarried. Damage from the accident reared its head, hip replacements, more back surgery and he ended up crippled and walks with a cane, he's 47, the same age as me.

His stb ex emptied out their bank accounts and took their only vehicle. With disability as his only in income he can't afford his house.

I feel so terrible for him and will help him as much as I can.I plan on buying several of his guns and give them back to him.

Sometimes life sucks but if you look around you can find someone who is dealing with worse crap than you.

• Like 2

What a crappy call to get.  Sounds like your heart is in the right place.  People sell or move their guns around for numerous reasons during divorces.   Couple cautions come to mind: one, he may not trust himself around guns.  Two, I know you said she's gone, but he may not want a gun around in the event that she wants to cry that he threatened her with it.   

You know him better than we do.   Best of luck from a crap sammich.  

Edited by GlockPride