Do you have self-defense insurance?

fortyofforty

• Administrators

I have a quasi police union that offers it as a component. (TMPA)  (CLEAT is the other one in Texas.)  It is similar to FOP in many other states.   I *think* FOP is in Texas but does not work real well and would not work for me because I go back and forth between reserve and full time. (in Texas there is utterly no difference in training or 24/7 statewide LEO powers)  but FOP does not work for reserves.  TMPA and CLEAT do.  

I have personally witness how awesome it is. Of course, this is for an OIS.  

So, I have faith in it but it is police specific. However, I tell all of this to say, it applies to me on or off duty and many of the attorneys are the same ones involved in the Law Shield type programs. (the self defense insurance programs)

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TBO said:

It's an interesting product, I'd like to know of any real world experience with it beyond the advertising. 

So, as some might remember, about 10 years ago, I used to have a really popular gun range. (hosted some GT and other website events....which as a tangent always struck me funny when people would think I was fake, I used to advertise where people could find me and hang out.....)

We sold the Law Shield program.  The attorneys were *mostly* the same ones who did OIS shootings.   So they were certainly experienced.  This was their lane.   For full disclosure, I can not recall a civilian defense shooting they responded to.  That is the point of the program, sign up a **** ton of people at 10 bucks a month and the lawyers get rich off of something very unlikely to ever happen. However, the other side of that is for 10 bucks a month, if it ever does, you get something that would financially crush an average person.  (I dont know if it is 10 bucks a month, just a random number) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.