old jeep owners got a question

ASH

this is for the old cj models  im rebuilding   both motors and thinking of a fuel injection kit .  any one  ever put one on their jeep  pre 79 models ??

im getting all kinds of answers on jeep forums but looking for someone here who is non biased,  those jeep boards people are raving lunatics .

both motors are 304    i got one finished with a nice thump cam but not to thumpy  .

Edited by ASH

I've never done a FI engine swap, but the easiest ones are usually GM 350 or Ford 5.0 L engines in the CJs that I've seen. Auto or manual tranny? 

"Thumpy"? Are you building a horsepower engine or a torque engine? I can see the latter, but not the former.

manual always and yeah its a cam not aggressive  but can hear it ,  ,basically a cam for power and on road consumption i.they always been daily drivers,  buti do hit some trails and go camping in the woods,  Uharrie forest park 

here in NC  we go down and hit trails and camp alot . 

• Like 1

i will look into the TBI    thanks , im not changing motors as i want to keep original  as possible .  i doubt i will ever sell either  but the prices of cj's  in great condition is soaring  ,