It tastes like crick water

ARP

1 hour ago, Slackinoff said:

Your post made me think of recent discovery I made about strange looking natural springs you can find around my parts. They look like a chemical spill and the pond formed down stream is just as horrid looking. I came across a term called "Bog Iron" that partially describes what is going on. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bog_iron

DcP3l6wVQAAHH6R.jpg.25af6423f521338454aaaf0a5e1c8274.jpg

An extreme, but similar problem.

Not all "bad" water looks bad.

I was in Oak Ridge, Tennessee on business, and as I drove into the "reservation", I saw pretty little pristine mountain creeks, with signs posted all around them saying, "Don't Touch The Water!".  This was up hill from the city reservoir.

That orange water, there is a stream in central PA that I 80 runs over top of, the stream and the rocks are stained orange in the summer and sort of green/blue in the winter.

Back to my local situation....I taste tested the water from my single stage fridge filter and the reverse osmosis under the sink. I liked the more mineral taste coming from the fridge. I have 4 of the Voss glass cylinder bottles, I cleaned them up with bleach, rinsed them well and filled them with fridge water. I do like drinking from the glass bottles or a glass more than plastic bottle. Don't know why, just do, possibly a mental thing. I can't taste any plastic from a plastic bottle.