Tonight’s finery.

Rabbi

I quit drinking one day when I was drinking Cutty Sark  Scotch from the bottle.  I asked myself, "What do you think you are doing?"  So, I stopped my weekend benders.   I am glad I gave it up.  The last thing I would need is a hangover on the Shabbat and explain that to an irate wife.  She would be less than amused.  Heck, the days I just feel like garbage and stay behind she is less than amused.  Going on twenty years of marriage,  Things tend to role reverse.  LOL  Though, the odds of more flash flooding tomorrow, I doubt anyone is going anywhere.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I quit drinking one day when I was drinking Cutty Sark  Scotch from the bottle.  I asked myself, "What do you think you are doing?"  So, I stopped my weekend benders.   I am glad I gave it up.  The last thing I would need is a hangover on the Shabbat and explain that to an irate wife.  She would be less than amused.  Heck, the days I just feel like garbage and stay behind she is less than amused.  Going on twenty years of marriage,  Things tend to role reverse.  LOL  Though, the odds of more flash flooding tomorrow, I doubt anyone is going anywhere.

I understand addiction. It is why I can never have a single puff of a cigarette again.  I am not wired to do it occasionally. 

With drinking. I can go for months without thinking about it. Have a few drinks and then not think about it again for a while. I am also not in the habit of drinking much at home.   I also do not like getting drunk.  The things I drink are either to try them or because I genuinely enjoy their flavor, usually paired with a good meal. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

I understand addiction. It is why I can never have a single puff of a cigarette again.  I am not wired to do it occasionally. 

With drinking. I can go for months without thinking about it. Have a few drinks and then not think about it again for a while. I am also not in the habit of drinking much at home.   I also do not like getting drunk.  The things I drink are either to try them or because I genuinely enjoy their flavor, usually paired with a good meal. 

I understand completely.

• Like 1

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, SigMan said:

I really enjoy a good absinthe. When I’m at Bouchon in Vegas, I enjoy the ceremony of a pre-dinner absinthe and VEP green chartreuse for dessert. 

I enjoy the ritual as well.  It adds to the experience. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:26 AM, Rabbi said:

?

van Gogh was probably into the good hooch when he chopped off his ear. I hear that the thujone in wormwood is a bit of a dissociative. Coming from the land of ketamine and versed, it's probably not that high-octane, but still.

Had a few drinks at the Absinthe House in NOLA. The art of the process is interesting. Didn't drink enough to get crazy, I guess.

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Rabbi said:

Dip. Chewing tobacco.

NEVER ever again. not even once.