Glock Gen 5 Mythbusting - "Finish Problems"

JJHNSN

I've read comments here and there from people claiming the Gen 5 finish is showing "premature wear" after being fired only after, say, 50 times. Well, I'm here to tell you that is just bull-o-ney. I put 500 rounds of very hot NATO spec 124 grain ammo through my Glock 17 Gen 5 on Monday and....it is just fine and dandy. Myth - busted.

67Vdtpy.jpg

No need for downplaying different experience supported by the pictures from different users.

If finish is not important to you as stated many times before, why wasting your time and energy trying to disregard somebody's else valid complaint?

Edited by Nestor
  • Like 1

I'm adding some more pics to this threat to further disprove the myth/rumors out there that there is something wrong with the finish on the Gen 5 model Glocks. Simply not the base. More pics of my Glock 17 Gen 5 after putting 500 rounds through it in a thorough range session:

Kh0eXEg.jpg

BRMuArV.jpg

67Vdtpy.jpg

Edited by JJHNSN

Congrats on getting the product you expected. Other people are not experiencing the same, so you can not say this early out of the gate that it is just an anomaly based on your experience alone with a new pistol.

Being skeptical is fine, but calling other's experience BS is just rushing to conclusions without knowing the full story.

• Like 2

Allegations of a problem with the Glock Gen 5 finish need to be backed up with hard facts and evidence, including high resolution, well illuminated photos. There have been NO images posted demonstrating any atypical or unusual wear on anyone's Gen 5 handgun. Zero. People who know little what is involved in the operation of a handgun and the wear that is typical and usual will really not be of much help here.

Please note: There has been ONE person on another Glock forum where they "talk" about Glock whining about this, posting poor photos and basically demonstrating has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. ONE person. One post, and this sets some people off on a feeding frenzy of whining and complaining and "oh my gosh, the sky is falling."

I've posted photos after putting 500 rounds through my Glock 17 Gen 5. 500 rounds folks. Not 125...500.

I've seen nothing comparable to prove there is a "finish" problem. Whining and repeating rumors and false reports is no substitute for hard facts and evidence. I've posted them.

I have posted photos that refute any allegations there is a "finish" problem with the Gen 5. Refute these photos with facts, if you have them, but if your goal here is to criticize and attack me personally, that is no way to handle this.

Edited by JJHNSN

Here we go again. I have this pistol here, so whoever complains about the finish on another one of Gen5s is an idiot. That's his usual logic. Nothing new.

Now he claims there is no evidence to some poor finish issues on Gen5....if so...why did he start this thread trying to "bust a myth" than?

Maybe it's better, maybe not. Some people posted online the pictures showing significant wear after just 125 rounds, but since his pistol is fine...they all are just idiots.

Right.... 

17 minutes ago, Nestor said:

Here we go again. I have this pistol here, so whoever complains about the finish on another one of Gen5s is an idiot. That's his usual logic. Nothing new.

Now he claims there is no evidence to some poor finish issues on Gen5....if so...why did he start this thread trying to "bust a myth" than?

Maybe it's better, maybe not. Some people posted online the pictures showing significant wear after just 125 rounds, but since his pistol is fine...they all are just idiots.

Right.... 

Yep. Same game as before. He is the expert, everyone else is the idiot.

30 minutes ago, JJHNSN said:

Allegations of a problem with the Glock Gen 5 finish need to be backed up with hard facts and evidence, including high resolution, well illuminated photos. There have been NO images posted demonstrating any atypical or unusual wear on anyone's Gen 5 handgun. Zero. People who know little what is involved in the operation of a handgun and the wear that is typical and usual will really not be of much help here.

Please note: There has been ONE person on another Glock forum where they "talk" about Glock whining about this, posting poor photos and basically demonstrating has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. ONE person. One post, and this sets some people off on a feeding frenzy of whining and complaining and "oh my gosh, the sky is falling."

I've posted photos after putting 500 rounds through my Glock 17 Gen 5. 500 rounds folks. Not 125...500.

I've seen nothing comparable to prove there is a "finish" problem. Whining and repeating rumors and false reports is no substitute for hard facts and evidence. I've posted them.

I have posted photos that refute any allegations there is a "finish" problem with the Gen 5. Refute these photos with facts, if you have them, but if your goal here is to criticize and attack me personally, that is no way to handle this.

In my previous post, I never called you out or attacked you. Instead, I just tried to say don't discard another persons complaint since the sample size is limited. Since you are going back to your old play book of being the expert, I will quote this so it is known to others. My god man, no manufacture is perfect. Glock included. Why you do you keep this up? I know I am going against Eric's wishes by posting this, but I felt it needed to be said. I will report it as well....

• Eric locked this topic
  • Administrators

Guys, I have asked nicely once that you all not allow any one poster to drag you into an argument. Nothing is accomplished by these exchanges. If you don't like someone, add them to your ignore list. That is what it is there for and the feature works great. Thanks. Eric