Big Pharma

Paul53

I'm not against making a profit, but a company lied to docs about oxycontin being addictive, sells the brand name and the generic, sells a drug to treat opiate caused constipation, and opiate withdrawal. Really? Colbert does a good job on this one. For years I've complained about how profit driven your health care, or lack of it, are. Criticized even by people on GT. Sorry if this offends you.

I've known three people that were prescribed oxy.  One had terminal brain cancer and wasn't long for this world.  The other two had serious back/neck injuries.  Even though neither misused both of them wound up physically addicted and had long painful withdrawals.  Sad that it took so long for a President to care about the opioid crisis.  If President Trump weren't elected the issue would have been swept under the rug by yet another administration.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Boogieman said:

I've known three people that were prescribed oxy.  One had terminal brain cancer and wasn't long for this world.  The other two had serious back/neck injuries.  Even though neither misused both of them wound up physically addicted and had long painful withdrawals.  Sad that it took so long for a President to care about the opioid crisis.  If President Trump weren't elected the issue would have been swept under the rug by yet another administration.

I hate Oxy.  I was given it once after surgery.  It did nothing for the pain, and only created constipation.  I tried to give them back to the doctor.  She would not take them.  I ending up flushing them.  With a tore up from the floor up back, and declining muscle, throw in some fibro for fun, and I live in pain every day.  They give me hydrocodone for it, but it does not cut it.  Now, there are there are things you can get hooked on.  I know a fat woman who is on morphine, and has been on morphine.  Nothing in the world is wrong with her, except she has a small bulging disk in the middle of her back, probably from being fat.  Mine has come from disease and a rough and tumble life.  I have complete arthritis in my neck.  I get some doozies of migraines with that.  I remember when she first showed up, she asked me what I did for back pain.  I explained injections, unless I want my entire spine redone.  She said, she didn't do that, and wasn't interested.  She stated in Maryland they prescribed her morphine.  Her husband moved with his corporate job, and she followed, but stayed close to Nacadoches, where the doctor there would give her, her desired morphine fix. 

So, the moral of the story, is you can live in congenital pain, hell, and get your monthly scrip of hydrocodone, take random piss tests, which I do, to prove I am not using illegal substance, which I never have.  Or, you can find a pill pusher that will get you addicted to high level stuff, and be hooked for life.  The only side effects I have had from stopping cold turkey, is pain, and hitting the can a lot.  I am sure if this woman ever runs into a brick wall with the morphine, she will be in a sweaty, barf ridden hell, with the shakes.  Morphine is powerful stuff.  I have only been hit with that during a hospitalization.  So, I can imagine daily doses of it must be brutal to let go, especially if you are just using to get high, which she was/is doing.

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.