• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

5b5ea8410953715e.png?1582031771

I'm old enough to remember thinking one day coming out of the grocery store that prices were outrageous when one bag of groceries cost $10.  Yes, I actually thought that... I still remember that. even when today a bag of groceries is $100.

The old claim for plastic was that turning petroleum into oil meant petroleum reserves would only last years.  If we turned petroleum into plastics and petro-chemicals, petroleum reserves would last hundreds of years......That was the rationale for plastic bags.

15 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Well, taxes are submitted

$10,600 in donations 

$11,800 in medical expenses

my tax burden increased just over $2,000

please Mr President, don’t give me another “tax break”

your killing me.

Well, at least the 1040 is simpler; that’s going in the right direction.  The Standard Deduction this year ( 2019 ) is up to $27,000 from $24,000 last year, so you didn’t have to itemize your expenses. Plus I bet your monthly paychecks were larger since there should not have been as much withholding as before the tax cut. At least mine were.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Well, at least the 1040 is simpler; that’s going in the right direction.  The Standard Deduction this year ( 2019 ) is up to $27,000 from $24,000 last year, so you didn’t have to itemize your expenses. Plus I bet your monthly paychecks were larger since there should not have been as much withholding as before the tax cut. At least mine were.

Income fell $1700 from last year

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Did ya give $10,600 in donations last year??:D   Should have given $1700 less, you'd have broke even!:rock:

I wish it worked that way

”rich” seems to be getting easier and easier to reach by making less. I think the definition keeps changing

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 2

MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA—While lounging about in his seaside mansion Tuesday, former President Barack Obama was asked whether he supported Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

"Sorry, who?" Obama responded, sipping a strawberry daiquiri brought to him by his servants. "Hmmm... Biden, Biden... not ringing any bells."

He was informed Joe Biden served as vice president under him for eight years, but he just stared blank-faced. "Nope, it's not coming to me. Oh, wait -- is he the guy that was in Home Alone and Goodfellas? Fine actor, very fine. Sure, I'd support him."

Reporters let him know that was actually Joe Pesci, confusing Obama further.

"Yeah, no idea who this Biden guy is."

Biden, for his part, said he has no idea who Barack Obama is, what the White House is, or what year it is.

https://babylonbee.com/news/barack-obama-i-have-no-memory-of-anyone-named-joe-biden

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Oracle employee are all raising hell with the owner because he supported Trump. That's the problem with our Geek Squads. It's none of his business who they support just like it's none of theirs who he supports.

06e5ad5ee5e6a604.jpg?1582116461

It's always different when you demand something from others, versus when they demand something from you.