Anyone remember where you were on 9/11/2001?

Borg warner

yep .  i made a cup of coffee  and sat down at the table  in the den and turned on tv .  and at first it was showing a building smoking  and  i wake up groggy anyway  and i ate a pop tart  and then they replayed the planes hitting   and i was wtf .  i was alone as wife at that time was running her business and left  early .  i really could not say much  besides  WTF  .

I heard mention of the first impact on the radio on the way to work. I got to the office just in time to see the second plane hit on TV. This was at a county Prosecutor's office. We all had hearings to go to but work just didn't happen that day, there was no way it could. The chief circuit judge continued all cases and we spent the rest of the day in one of the judges' chambers watching it all on TV. There might have been some somberly consumed liquor involved. Lawyers.

Home room. Senior year. Teachers husband was a FBI Agent at the local office. He called her and said he was getting on a plane. 

She turned on the news just in time to see the second plane hit. At that point even a dumb teenager knew it was not some terrible accident. 

It was a different country back then. Now half the country would sympathize with the terrorist while cheering the loss of “fascist and racist US lives”.  Probably would have protested the military action as well.