Unable to like posts

KBKEITH

57 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes, as Gun Shark mentioned, the 'X' is there if you want to remove your like for that post.

I tried liking your post but nothing shows up on my side except the heart with an x next to it. I am guessing I should see a heart with a 1 next to it, and if I click on that I should see my user name showing that I liked your post. Same thing happens with the "thanks" icon or any of the others. If I reload the page the x goes away and there's nothing indicating that I liked your post. Probably a bug of some sort.

• Like 3

KBKEITHI just tried it on your "Thanks, gentlemen" post, above (Hmmm...I had to describe your post because I don't see any post numbers), and it seems like the Like/Heart works like a toggle; click it once, the "X" appears (signifying you've used it), and you've Liked the post; click it again, the "X" disappears, and you've removed the Like.  Off to the left side, it shows me the line "You reacted to this", and if you click the tiny heart next to the number, it will show you a list of which members have Liked that post.

Edited by DJ Niner
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DJ Niner said:

KBKEITHI just tried it on your "Thanks, gentlemen" post, above (Hmmm...I had to describe your post because I don't see any post numbers), and it seems like the Like/Heart works like a toggle; click it once, the "X" appears (signifying you've used it), and you've Liked the post; click it again, the "X" disappears, and you've removed the Like.  Off to the left side, it shows me the line "You reacted to this", and if you click the tiny heart next to the number, it will show you a list of which members have Liked that post.

Thanks, DJ. So I tried liking your post. I get the x next to the heart when I do. What I'm not seeing is the heart with the number next to it showing that I reacted to your post.

IMG_1323.PNG

Edited by KBKEITH
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DJ Niner said:

Are you running any kind of a pop-up blocker on your device?  That, or an Ad-Blocker might be the problem.

Thanks for the idea. I did check my settings in Safari and the pop up blocker was switched on. I've switched it off. I liked your post and it worked like it should. I will see if that keeps things working consistently.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've checked things on this end thoroughly. The only thing that makes any sense is that the issue with this feature is being caused by a security browser plugin or setting on their computer. What KBKeith said seems to bear this out. I appreciate you guys shedding some light on the problem.

• Like 2

Just now, Eric said:

I've checked things on this end thoroughly. The only thing that makes any sense is that the issue with this feature is being caused by a security browser plugin or setting on their computer. What KBKeith said seems to bear this out. I appreciate you guys shedding some light on the problem.

Thanks for the follow up, sir. My problem does indeed seem to be solved thanks to DJ Niner's suggestion. 

• Like 1