Multitool thread

DUBSY

They are part of me.

Multitool in one pocket, S&W J-frame in the other.  Multitools are just so handy. Use mine at least 1-2 times daily.  Usually the knife, followed by the pliers, followed by the slotted screwdriver. But last month I was fixing a hose to a rarely used water bib when I found an inch thick Arbor Vitae branch was really in the way now. Did not want to walk back to the shed-thought I'd try the saw blade on my Leatherman.  Cut through that wood like butter 1-2-3. I was impressed.

Hope they are still American made...

Edited by MGGLOCK9
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have two: a Wingman and a MUT.

The MUT is just way to heavy to carry.  My wife bought it for me because she saw it is was the most expensive but had no idea why.

The $60 Wingman is pretty easy to have on my person but usually its just kept in my work vehicle.

I really like the Wingman scissors and the spring loaded pliers.  But for a lot less weight I could just carry a Swiss Army Knife and have some Harbor Freight needle nose close by.

• Like 1

Some part of my Leatherman broke long ago.  I was prepared for an argument about the "free replacement" warranty when I called, so I sounded "loaded for bear".  Very few times have I had a good experience getting things replaced.

The CS woman that took my call commented that I seemed upset.  I told her that I was expecting a problem with the warranty claim.  She laughed, and took down my address and shipped a replacement out immediately. 

I didn't know whether to be relieved, or angry that I got worked up for nothing!  >:(

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

Other than a cheapy I got for a present I've never owned one in my life.  I am surrounded by tools most of my day though so not a big deal.  The good ones are very pricey and the tools are a rather marginal compared to most Klein, Snap On. Knipex etc.      

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rinspeed said:

The good ones are very pricey and the tools are a rather marginal compared to most Klein, Snap On. Knipex etc.      

Yes.  But portability and multi-use does come at a price.  And the tools you love, while beautifully executed, are usually very specific.

A little toolbox in your pack isn't going to be the best, it is just a compromise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nitesite said:

Yes.  But portability and multi-use does come at a price.  And the tools you love, while beautifully executed, are usually very specific.

A little toolbox in your pack isn't going to be the best, it is just a compromise.

Very hard to argue with anything you posted but to be honest I'm trying to cut down on the crap I carry all the time.

i dunno what the name is  but its got a lot of **** made into it .  i dont carry it much   on the farm i always got tools on tractors in barns etc . my daily carry is CR sebenza  

I have three of them and carry 2/3 almost every day. The two I carry are the Leatherman Skeletool CX and the Gerber Shard (On my key chain). The one I don't carry much at all is a Victorinox Spirit. It's a really nice multi-tool but too heavy to lug around for my every day use when the other two are much lighter and do everything I need them to. 

• Thanks 1