I lost my little buddy today.

Dan Guillory

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, RPKclone said:

Really sorry to read this.  I'm sorry for your loss.  

My gf was always a big dog fan. She had 2 great boxer dogs when I met her.  They have since passed and she decided to save a little cat from the shelter.  Almost every day she says to me that she cant believe how she ever got attached to a cat.  We now have 3 kitters and are always on the lookout at the shelter for another old cat that keeps getting passed by to give it another chance.  Maybe you could give that a thought. 

Cats are awesome!

Cats are awesome.  We have two dogs and I really love them but I love cats too.   I too look for the old cat that gets passed up.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2018 at 5:04 AM, Dan Guillory said:

Thank you all for the kind replies. I knew you would understand.

At some point in time I will be taking your suggestion to adopt from a shelter. Way too many waiting there.

If it matters, Dan, my wife is the icu ward manager for small animals at the Iowa State University Vet Clinic.  (It's sort of like Mayo Clinic/Hospital for animals.)

She sees this kind of thing pretty frequently as you can imagine, and they almost always suggest a shelter pet for instances such as yours.  

And they usually suggest a black cat, for just a few of many reasons.  The biggest of those:  Black cats are almost universally put down.  People don't want them for some reason, and once a black cat hits the shelter, it's likely a goner.

They're just as lovable, just as curious, and just as loving as any other cat.  I think adopting one would do your heart good.  

It won't be the same as your other cat.  It'll be different.  But it will be therapeutic.  And within just a couple of days,.......