I'm running for Senate as a Republican. My Democrat parents are so furious they're backing my opponent

pipedreams

"My parents have since turned their back on me, my wife, their grandchildren, and their extended family. Adding to this, they decided to make the maximum contribution to my Democrat opponent in my campaign for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin, an intentional personal blow that made headlines across the country. It was deliberate – and it is a true representation of the intolerance of a political philosophy that stands on the false platform of tolerance. "

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/16/im-running-for-senate-as-republican-my-democrat-parents-are-so-furious-theyre-backing-my-opponent.html

I get it.  I have an Aunt that's the only democrat on either side of the family.  Shortly after President Trump's triumph over evil she sent out an email to the her entire family.  She has chosen to completely disassociate herself from any an all that do now share her leftist ideology.  A few months ago she was informed that her Uncle passed.  Her response was another mass email to threaten to initiate restraining orders against any of us that contact her in the future.  She also tried to file a harassment complaint against her sister that informed her of the passing.  She didn't attend the funeral.  This is the same Uncle that paid for her education.  He completely supported her while she earned a PhD.

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

She has chosen to completely disassociate herself from any an all that do now share her leftist ideology. 

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

"My parents have since turned their back on me, my wife, their grandchildren, and their extended family. Adding to this, they decided to make the maximum contribution to my Democrat opponent in my campaign for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin

Someone said it best a few days ago in the forums. "You are retarded, but I still love you."

Edited by NDcent
corrected quote wording

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I get it.  I have an Aunt that's the only democrat on either side of the family.  Shortly after President Trump's triumph over evil she sent out an email to the her entire family.  She has chosen to completely disassociate herself from any an all that do now share her leftist ideology.  A few months ago she was informed that her Uncle passed.  Her response was another mass email to threaten to initiate restraining orders against any of us that contact her in the future.  She also tried to file a harassment complaint against her sister that informed her of the passing.  She didn't attend the funeral.  This is the same Uncle that paid for her education.  He completely supported her while she earned a PhD.

Wow, good riddance I guess.

9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Probably better off without her!