Random Posting

Eric

21 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

201041084_10220125751995403_9197028940443593699_n.jpg

Actually, it's an operatic term. The largest woman in Florence required 9 yards of cloth to make her gown. Thus when the diva came onstage to sing her final aria, indicating the opera was complete, the whole nine yards had made its appearance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Actually, it's an operatic term. The largest woman in Florence required 9 yards of cloth to make her gown. Thus when the diva came onstage to sing her final aria, indicating the opera was complete, the whole nine yards had made its appearance. 

After hearing this discussion on several blogs and sites, I did a pretty intense search (obviously there were several people who made that search before me because the information was quite easy to find) and the FIRST known/recorded usage of the term 'full nine yards' was in medical journals referring to bandages. This excerpt from the “International Clinics / A Quarterly Of Clinical Lectures. Vol III. Fourth Series 1894' is the first referral known and the referral was repeated 3 more times in that journal.

Full Nine Yards - “International Clinics: A Quarterly Of Clinical Lectures. Vol III. Fourth Series. 1894..png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to have a few words with the "engineer" who thought it would be a good idea to put the stove burner controls on the back of the stove, so you have too reach over the boiling pot to adjust the temperature

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic