Russian Capture P38

DrB

Picked one up awhile ago.  The German markings are pinged, numbers all match though.  Not bad for $200.00. Is AC 43 e series.  I'm happy as overall is in good shape.  I have a Gray Ghost so this will compliment it.  Can't wait to shoot it...  If curious I will get some pictures..

Took it to the barber shop today to show. while getting hair cut.  They are gun friendly, we show and tell and talk firearms...  Great place...

Dave..

• Like 1

Got a Mauser P38 contract gun for a decent price, all matching serials, looked like it had been dragged halfway to Moscow from Berlin behind a tank

when I got it. Once it was professionally restored, I had into it about what you'd pay

for one in good condition. Beautiful example of the Mauser manufactured P38, tho.

Edited by Danoobie

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2018 at 6:01 AM, Gunwritr said:

$200!! You stole it!

Great purchase, hope you enjoy it.

I have a P1 I am collecting parts for to build an extra K slide assembly for...

Yes, I almost passed  because the markings were pinged.  Looking back I'm glad I picked it up.  Did not steal it though,  as back in that day was what they were going for.

Dave..

On 2/28/2018 at 12:30 PM, CalmerThanYou said:

Looking forward to Pics.  I also have a R.C.   My first in what will likely become a larger collection of WWII firearms.  Gotta start somewhere.

I'll have to get some pictures up.  Have a Gray Ghost also.  Well did at least before I lost them in the river when my canoe overturned.  I seem to have a lot of canoeing accidents for some reason.

Dave..

They are well worn and used but they have some history.  For around $200.00 each, don't think I did too bad.  The RC's I have not touched so they may clean up some.  The Gray Ghost I did shoot few years ago.  Was flawless.  

Dave..