The United Methodists are beyond crazy now...

My in laws go to a Methodist church and their church actually left UMC.  I think the tipping point was the UMC was having lesbian pastors.

I didn't post here but posted in the cycle forum I vist because they have a Christian Ethics thread.  Recently a big fracas at James River Church in MO. The pastor, Lindell, wrongly called out another pastor, Mark Driscoll, at a conference and then further lied about it during his Sunday message.

That got us discussing attending the local church and bringing the tithe and a couple of these Christians well versed in the Bible didn't believe in doing that.  

People calling themselves Christians come in a wide spectrum of beliefs.

Not my place to judge but believers need to go to their local church, serve in their church, and bring the tithe (not the same as giving) and the church needs to be actively sharing the Gos0el and reaching out to the lost and not just other believers.  Too many dead churches are having holy huddles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

My in laws go to a Methodist church and their church actually left UMC.  I think the tipping point was the UMC was having lesbian pastors.

I didn't post here but posted in the cycle forum I vist because they have a Christian Ethics thread.  Recently a big fracas at James River Church in MO. The pastor, Lindell, wrongly called out another pastor, Mark Driscoll, at a conference and then further lied about it during his Sunday message.

That got us discussing attending the local church and bringing the tithe and a couple of these Christians well versed in the Bible didn't believe in doing that.  

People calling themselves Christians come in a wide spectrum of beliefs.

Not my place to judge but believers need to go to their local church, serve in their church, and bring the tithe (not the same as giving) and the church needs to be actively sharing the Gos0el and reaching out to the lost and not just other believers.  Too many dead churches are having holy huddles.

I go by that church when on the James River expressway heading down home on Rt. 60.  Get by there only once or twice a year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ramjet38 said:

I go by that church when on the James River expressway heading down home on Rt. 60.  Get by there only once or twice a year.

YouTube channels blew up about the fiasco.  I had never hared of the church or Lindell

We go to a mega church and have for 20years.  I tell people - if you don't like mega churches, heaven is a big place.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, El Spicoli said:

YouTube channels blew up about the fiasco.  I had never hared of the church or Lindell

We go to a mega church and have for 20years.  I tell people - if you don't like mega churches, heaven is a big place.

Yeah, I go to a church plant of 60 some adults that grew out of a really ugly church split 2 years ago (a result of the pastor losing his mind and going all "Daughters are like sports cars, you don't let other men drive your sports car, " and "No woman in this church will teach any boy over 13 anything about the Bible" - all this while the Homeschooling Karens' Koffee Klatch was egging him on and actually running the church (as a homeschooler, I can say that. I refused to have anything to do with them.). I like this small church where I know nearly everyone because I'm not a fan of crowds, but i know there are people that prefer that.  To each his own.

I grew up in a large, very conservative UMC church (800 members).  It's down to about 50 now, sharing a pastor with 2 other churches just as small.  It's sad seeing what it has become.

• Like 3

Yeah, religion is like politics, it's always dicey.   My pastor has stated if your church isn't growing, it's dying.  He did a huge series on "the church" and how it should be a rescue boat out in the ocean saving the lost as opposed to docked in the marina where a few are having a party.  Everyone wants to save souls until you actually start saving souls and well then, it is hard work.  

I like to think of myself as anti-religion.  By that I mean religion has been a downfall to man.  Now a relationship with the Savior is what I am all about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1