South Carolina Now Permitless Carry State

South Carolina – The Governor has signed Bill 3594 making South Carolina the 29th state to pass Permitless Carry. It lowers the age to apply for a permit and to carry under permitless carry to 18. Though Louisiana Governor signed his bill first (28th state) the South Carolina Bill went  into effect the moment the Governor signed it while Louisiana will not go into effect until July 4.       https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess125_2023-2024/prever/3594_20240305.htm

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see another state join the club.  I imagine a lot of idjits down there were saying "the streets will be rivers of blood", just like they did several years ago when here in Maine passed Constitutional Carry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:58 AM, minderasr said:

How does permitless carry work?  Open carry, but permit required to carry concealed?

Here in Maine it means no permit needed for concealed carry as long as you're not a felon or somebody else who is prohibited from owning a handgun.  You can still obtain a permit if you want, but you don't need one.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FullClip said:

Here in Maine it means no permit needed for concealed carry as long as you're not a felon or somebody else who is prohibited from owning a handgun.  You can still obtain a permit if you want, but you don't need one.  

Same thing in Arkansas. I still keep my CCP in case I travel out of state. 

• Like 2