Question for police

miketx

I live in a small north west Texas town and I listen to police calls sometimes on my radio. Every so often when an officer calls in for a 27 or 28, along with the information coming back from dispatch to the officer, they also sometimes add that the subject that is stopped is either "eligible" or "not eligible". Could someone tell me what that means exactly?

I've been an officer a long time and I don't immediately recognize any of those terms. I've learned that radio terms can vary widely between departments, even in the same state. Maybe someone closer to that area knows those terms better. 

Also, we recently switched our radios over to encrypted channels, so the police scanner people only get to listen on a delay of our choosing. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I've been an officer a long time and I don't immediately recognize any of those terms. I've learned that radio terms can vary widely between departments, even in the same state. Maybe someone closer to that area knows those terms better. 

Also, we recently switched our radios over to encrypted channels, so the police scanner people only get to listen on a delay of our choosing. 

Thanks.