Sig P230 .22lr & Cuban Makarov

Ricordo

For whatever reason, remembered this today.  I handled one in the late 70s for a brief period of time, courtesy of The Hague. Beyond that experience, many years ago I saw an auction at egun.de of one in immaculate condition.

Also for whatever reason, those two (2) instances seem to be the only ones published and references to it boil down to people asking if it ever existed.

Does anyone here ever saw or handled one?

Fwiw, if anyone should have any doubt about its existence, kindly explain the following taken from an European manual:

Sig P230 Manual .22 LR.jpg

Btw, that egun.de auction dates to 10-12 (?) years ago.

I asked the friends there if they could bring it up from a database and I was told that they do not store that information.

And the forum where I posted it, also clears its system after some years.  Around 50 folks viewed that post. No replies or comments.

Something similar happened about a Makarov (PM) manufactured in Cuba. Not merely assembled, completely manufactured. A friend/client gave me a lead on that and I posted it on a forum.

But this time there was a reaction and it was mostly hopeful. At the time, I was not  able to obtain a photo, or similar evidence, of it. The best I had was a report that someone in Miami had one. Never saw it personally.

But around two (2) years later, Janes confirmed the information and included it in the digest.

Weird sequence of coincidences.

Found the thread about the Cuban Makarov. Late 2008. https://www.gunboards.com/threads/cuban-makarov.70292/

IIRC, Janes published its existence in 2010-2011 (?). So if anyone has copies circa those years, it's there.

Fwiw, I requested to be exited from that forum in late 2009 (?). Sort of a self-banning, somewhat like the other one. Some very, very, extremely  good people there that, to this day, I still remember. But as always in social media, a few loud arses. No patience for the latter.

• Ricordo changed the title to Sig P230 .22lr & Cuban Makarov
  • 3 months later...

I nerve knew that sig made a 230 in .22. I hate you now. Now I will expend time and money hunting one (and by one I of course mean two) down. Spend thousands of man hours and millions of dollars upon this quest. Thanks PAL! :faint:

• Haha 1

I have no interest in acquiring one. To me, it's just an oddball out there, like the Cuban Makarov. However, I promise you that should I find one, I will contact you (PM) and let you have the first shot at it. If located in Germany, expect it to cost around $1,000.00. Then, of course, importing it. Unless you know a diplomat that can do you a favor (I don't know if that still works).

The only one I've seen for sale was in Germany (egun.de). Chances are that if the seller is German, or for that matter European, that he speaks appropriate English. But if he doesn't, I will help you with that too. 

:)

Btw, that Sig magazin is advertised as for a Sig P230 .32. It's clearly not .32 acp, nor .380, nor 9X18. It is definitely Sig, as I remember it. Shows again that some sellers don't actually know what they have.

• Thanks 1