Interesting and funny Facts

Swampfox762

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

image.png.9ac6ef9132ec58309164493f5787e694.png

It's interesting that as a child, the youngsters in my city all swam in the Granite quarries around town.  It was what we did.  The quarries had no shore or "drop-off".  The edge simply went down to 90 feet in many quarries.  When you dived in you had to be aware of where Granite blocks were underwater so you didn't hit them.

In my youth, I know of no one that drowned in a Granite quarry.  I'm not saying nobody ever did, just that my generation didn't.

I learned how to swim by jumping the quarry and fighting like hell to make it back to the edge.  I did learn how to swim.  All my friends learned how to swim in similar fashion.

At one point, the city built a city swimming pool that cost a Dime to use.  We still used the granite quarries due to the social interaction between the sexes.  Girls would "tan" on the surface Granite and drive the boys wild.

Three quarries were within walking distance of the Teachers College and it was a glorious place to go with your date at night, or during the day when the pulchritude of beautiful females were displaying their charms for all to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

It's interesting that as a child, the youngsters in my city all swam in the Granite quarries around town.  It was what we did.  The quarries had no shore or "drop-off".  The edge simply went down to 90 feet in many quarries.  When you dived in you had to be aware of where Granite blocks were underwater so you didn't hit them.

In my youth, I know of no one that drowned in a Granite quarry.  I'm not saying nobody ever did, just that my generation didn't.

I learned how to swim by jumping the quarry and fighting like hell to make it back to the edge.  I did learn how to swim.  All my friends learned how to swim in similar fashion.

At one point, the city built a city swimming pool that cost a Dime to use.  We still used the granite quarries due to the social interaction between the sexes.  Girls would "tan" on the surface Granite and drive the boys wild.

Three quarries were within walking distance of the Teachers College and it was a glorious place to go with your date at night, or during the day when the pulchritude of beautiful females were displaying their charms for all to see.

• Thanks 2