Photo project ideas wanted.

Batesmotel

So here’s the deal. I discovered 12 rolls of infrared film in the back of the freezer. This film is out of production. There are other brands still made but these are among the last like this in existence. Real good stuff. 12 exposures per roll. I have a camera that will shoot them without light leaks (major issue with IR) and the correct 720nm filter. 

I’m looking for ideas for a project to use this film for. I’m thinking something that takes 1 roll each month for a year but not locked into anything. 

I’m just fishing for cool, outside of the box ideas. Thanks. 

You didn't specify color or B&W film, or if you've ever shot IR film before. First thing that comes to mind is read up on the film, Kodak used to publish some suggestions. In general skies and foliage are good for a change. Maybe a beach or harbor on a hot day. Sacrifice a roll on a wide variety to get a feel for it. Extremes like lightning at night if you have a good lookout (hint, calculate a 1 minute exposure, on a tripod, aim it at a thunderstorm. The lightning bolts act as their own shutter. You wont catch lightning on every frame, but 1 or 2 awesome pics is worth the time and film investment.)

Edited by Paul53
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

So here’s the deal. I discovered 12 rolls of infrared film in the back of the freezer. This film is out of production. There are other brands still made but these are among the last like this in existence. Real good stuff. 12 exposures per roll. I have a camera that will shoot them without light leaks (major issue with IR) and the correct 720nm filter. 

I’m looking for ideas for a project to use this film for. I’m thinking something that takes 1 roll each month for a year but not locked into anything. 

I’m just fishing for cool, outside of the box ideas. Thanks. 

Sounds like Fun!!  Hope you'll post a few of your results when you're done.  I've never shot IR film before, but I've seen alot of very cool stuff.  Here's a guy that does a lot of it, may be this will give ya some ideas.

https://www.pinterest.com/jrslaterphoto/infrared/

• Thanks 1