Exercise equipment - new styles

pipedreams

We just bought a new True 800 series treadmill, and one of those Assault Treadmills was part of the lineup that we looked at.

They look durable, and they run smooth and fast, but it wasn’t for us.  These Assault machines are made for runners, with and emphasis on running.  Fast.

We’re early 60’s, and although she’ll do a little jogging right now, I’m definitely a walking kinda guy.  That machine was just way above our ability, although serious runners should love it.

Edited by jame
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jame said:

We just bought a new True 800 series treadmill, and one of those Assault Treadmills was part of the lineup that we looked at.

They look durable, and they run smooth and fast, but it wasn’t for us.  These Assault machines are made for runners, with and emphasis on running.  Fast.

We’re early 60’s, and although she’ll do a little jogging right now, I’m definitely a walking kinda guy.  That machine was just way above our ability, although serious runners should love it.

The Assault machine can be used at any speed but it takes some getting used too.  I see a lady recovering from hip surgery walk on one most every day and she is walking slow.   We have a choice of a number of True machines as well as the Assault machines and they both are quality equipment.  I'm older than you and have no problem using one five days a week.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

The Assault machine can be used at any speed but it takes some getting used too.  I see a lady recovering from hip surgery walk on one most every day and she is walking slow.   We have a choice of a number of True machines as well as the Assault machines and they both are quality equipment.  I'm older than you and have no problem using one five days a week.   

I’m glad it’s working out for you.

Staying fit is so much easier and enjoyable with quality equipment.  My wife has gone down the road of cheap, mail order crap, and, although I’m not a small enough guy today “I told you so”, I can at least share with you that I told her so.

I’m having a lot of knee and foot issues lately, and she’s developed some issues with her feet as well, so the treadmill isn’t getting the use that it should, but hopefully we’ll be back on it soon.  It the meantime, the bike is our reasonable substitute when we can’t be on our feet.

I also do some lifting with dumbbells, but I use a quality bench as well.  I’ve had a Nautilus bench for nearly 25 years.

You get what you pay for, I guess.  Whatever it takes to keep us in the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jame said:

Yup.  Bought a cheap tread mill 3 years ago.  Had to adapt it for my 6'4".  Hard to find stuff made for bigger dudes.   I've been walkin 1, 3/4 miles a day at 5 mph for the last 3 years. And, doin 2 sets of 5 Lb weights in 3 different arm sets  every 10 minutes.  Then...I vegitate on the computer, and pee the dog the rest of the day. 

16 hours ago, pipedreams said:

New type of treadmill has no motor really like.  Darn thing will wipe you out till you get the hang of it. 

Belt is much easier on the feet since it flexes rather than having a steel deck under the belt.

AssaultRunner Pro

Picture from their web site.

Looks good but every training machine I ever bought started collecting dust after a couple weeks.

I'm like a lion. Super lazy until its time to hunt down some food. I walk to the kitchen at least 10 times...

• Haha 1