Open Carry & a Rookie Cop

Booker

After watching old Westerns on Sunday, I, being in a John Wayne state of mind, decided to open carry my Remington New Model Army.

Long story, short, I was stopped and checked by the Police.  A Rookie and his FTO.  Rookie took possession of my gun to see if it was stolen. No serial number to check!  He asked his FTO if the gun was legal with no serial number.   He informed me that he was going to unload my weapon for safety.  That's when the fun started.

The poor guy was completely flabbergasted on how to unload a Cap & Ball Revolver.  I told him that he need to pull back the hammer and pull the trigger 6 times!  FTO was :anim_rofl2:.  

I told the Rookie that he really needed to become familiar on the types of guns he might encounter out on the streets.  I'm taking him Cap & Ball Shooting this weekend!  Should be a good time!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

• 7 months later...

Many years ago, a friend ordered a Remington cap and ball clone through a mail order catalog. He was out in the woods (private property), when the police showed up. They too, didn’t know how to unload it. 

Unfortunately, this story doesn’t have a happy ending like yours. This happened in New Jersey. Said friend wound up getting arrested. 

See, the second amendment doesn’t even apply to “cap and ball” guns in Jersey.