Gas Monkey Garage Sucks!

Eric

17 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Have you ever watched Diesel Brothers?  Entertaining in a Duck Dynasty sort of way.

Yes.  Living in the low altitude, high humidity southeast I am jealous of the diesel performance those guys get in Utah.  Their technical focus seems to be on axle/suspension - a lot of military surplus stuff.  I wish they'd show a bit more about diesel engine tuning - apparently they are really good at that.

I think my favorite car show is FantomWorks.  They focus on a car as a series of systems and prioritize what has to be right.  They re-did a jeep with a LS3 motor, have to admit that I was smitten with that machine.

Rawlings doesn't bother me.  He's a character, don't get me wrong, but the bad guys in professional wrestling never bothered me either.  I actually respect that his head hasn't gotten so big that he wont flip a car for $500 profit.  He knows this is his 15 minutes of fame and when it's gone he's still going to be flipping cars.

• Like 1

What I don't like about Count's show is the reality BS they try to pull.  Like the one episode I saw part of where they are out getting coffee and somebody just happens to drive up in a superbird.  Or whatever rare muscle car it was.  Don't insult my intelligence.  May be an OK show, but that BS turned me off.

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

What I don't like about Count's show is the reality BS they try to pull.  Like the one episode I saw part of where they are out getting coffee and somebody just happens to drive up in a superbird.  Or whatever rare muscle car it was.  Don't insult my intelligence.  May be an OK show, but that BS turned me off.

Good to see you, SP!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

If you like Mopars, check out "Graveyard Cars".  That guy either knows his crap or talks a REALLY good game.  

When he rebuilds one he gets all the details correct - right down to where Chrysler tended to misalign pinstripes, or the markings on the transmission.