Heading to Cocoa Beach next week

pizza_pablo

I'll be in Cocoa Beach, Dec 14 - 17.

(side note) This will be my first vacation, alone.

If any regulars, in the area would like to have a beer, that would be great!

I plan on visiting Gary Kirby at Westside Sports bar & Lounge, in Melbourne, to show support for his mask ban, one of those nights.

Edited by pizza_pablo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Tell Genie I said hi!

I slept in Barbra Eden's bed.   Seriously.

Many years ago i was on a work detail.  Gone for over a week.  Anyway i checked into to my hotel suite and the person said the previous person to stay there was actually a famous person.

So i had to ask who was it.

It turned out Barbra Eden had stayed in that room and left a couple days before.

So i can say i slept in her bed.  :)

I wouldn't be telling you this if it was Burt Reynolds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I'm planning on doing my first trip in my beach beater minvan camper conversion thingy within the next 2 weeks but I'm not sure yet when and if I want to cross Florida on the first attempt. Staying closer to home for the first time may be the smarter thing to do.

I ordered a new alternator last week, the old clutch pully was making a bunch of noises, and guess what, that thing just went out on my way back from the groceries an hour ago. I was lucky that I was close to home. The battery doesn't last long at night with no charge.

Replacing that thing would be easy, but its a Dodge and the AC compressor needs come lose and swing out. With my luck I will cause a Freon leak due to old hoses and have the next project on hand.

The camper conversion didn't even start yet, but I want to make some first experiences on a cod, with a small gas stove and a simple cooler before throwing $4000 at the complete build with solar panels, Lithium batteries, compressor fridge and whatnot.

If I get the van fixed and feel solid about it, I'll let you now and may come over next week.

Space X may have a rocket launch, that would be fun to watch, and listen to! They have launches all the time.

This was just yesterday... exploded on its attempt to land...

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...