• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, pipedreams said:

f6f7016b7dddfc06.jpeg

Yakety Yak, don't talk back!

Is yak good to eat?
It has a delicious and delicate beef flavor which is never gamey or greasy and is even lower in fat than salmon. Testing has proven that nine out of ten persons will prefer yak meat over beef, bison or elk.

6 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Yakety Yak, don't talk back!

Is yak good to eat?
It has a delicious and delicate beef flavor which is never gamey or greasy and is even lower in fat than salmon. Testing has proven that nine out of ten persons will prefer yak meat over beef, bison or elk.

Wooly bullies are Highland Cattle...not Yaks.  I had a small herd of Highland steers.  When they get out the neighbors are too scared to help round them up and help get them back in the pasture.:cow:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ay Dios Mio said:

Wooly bullies are Highland Cattle...not Yaks.  I had a small herd of Highland steers.  When they get out the neighbors are too scared to help round them up and help get them back in the pasture.:cow:

I stand corrected. I've heard of Highland cattle but have never seen any. Are they as scary as they look? Or just the bulls?

I never thought they were scary...just hard to keep in electric fence because all the hair insulates them from shocks.  You can put them in overgrown brambly low quality pasture and they'll turn it into a park.  The only time I ever had a problem was doing a head count and one was missing.  I had a huge hay barn with bales in the middle and mangers on each side.  They had to turn their heads sideways for the horns to clear the uprights, and this one forgot how to get his head out.  I couldn't persuade him out so got pry bars to back out the nails and disassemble the manger for him.  I had to stand next to him for leverage on the final pull and when it let go he cow kicked me in the thigh...hurt like hell.:ph34r:

• Like 1