Dubai and Corona virus

GlocknSpiehl

Dubai is a HUGE Chinese tourist area and stopping point. Yet there has been no panic, no hoarding, and no real closures here. What is happening is they are scanning ALL arriving passengers with thermal imaging and anyone who’s temp is off is pulled aside for enhanced screening (swab up the nose).

If you are sick, or appear to be sick, you are taken to a quarantine facility, which looks like a nice dorm or Holiday Inn, and are quarantined for two weeks. Dubai pays for everything, including your medical treatments.

The only public things changed are that Spring Break was moved up two weeks to now, and they reserve the right to extend it, if needed. Also, the Imams have been told Friday services can be no longer than 10 minutes, including the sermon. The Mosques are temp scanning everyone coming in. The head Imam has said that hearing Friday services in your home, if you think you might be ill, counts as being in the Mosque.

Otherwise, business as usual, although they did CX the worlds largest boat show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And now they have announced they will not be giving out any new visas for the foreseeable future. Oh boy, that would include renewing mine in 30 days, if I don't get a job. My wife's lawyer found a loophole that just allowed me to extend my current visa for 90 more days. Phew.

• Like 4

reminds me of the movie   I am Legend  everyone scanned  and temp taken,  well if this turns into zombie hordes  ,  i got about 20,000 rounds of all calibers i shoot .  im good  ,  plus a basement  where if need be hold up for months if need be lol 

• Like 2