EMS and other meds, help me with question

gwalchmai

11 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I'm trying to get a feel for the cyclist's chances if 911 had been called immediately. He didn't survive.

Bummer. Some questions have no answers. This is one of those impossible ones, especially without some idea of injuries, and even then it would be near impossible. Injuries can be anywhere from nothing to unsurvivable and even with timely help it can be fuzzy. I'm living proof of such an event, and have been an active participant to more than I care to remember.

If it keeps you awake at night, or dominates your thoughts, seek help. Local PD, FD or mental facility should be able to get you in the right direction. Normal feeling for abnormal situations is really simplifying it, but that is what it is. It's OK to seek knowledge, just keep it healthy and don't allow it to infiltrate your life.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

Bummer. Some questions have no answers. This is one of those impossible ones, especially without some idea of injuries, and even then it would be near impossible. Injuries can be anywhere from nothing to unsurvivable and even with timely help it can be fuzzy. I'm living proof of such an event, and have been an active participant to more than I care to remember.

If it keeps you awake at night, or dominates your thoughts, seek help. Local PD, FD or mental facility should be able to get you in the right direction. Normal feeling for abnormal situations is really simplifying it, but that is what it is. It's OK to seek knowledge, just keep it healthy and don't allow it to infiltrate your life.

Thanks, man, but I'm not involved. Some of my old friends are mad about it and fighting on the Facebook.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Thanks, man, but I'm not involved. Some of my old friends are mad about it and fighting on the Facebook.

That is unfortunate. I can see the anger about the long delay in seeking help, and even some sort of criminal/civil procedures, but it sounds like they are channeling energy in a vacuum.

• Like 1