Plumbers..

DrB

For you who know my house was broken into.  While waiting for the window folks to show up and measure the broken window, I walked into the basement and my feet got wet.  Well pressure/expansion tank decided to go south.  Was 30 years old so was about time. 

Instead of calling some plumbing chain service I called the local ones who put the tank in when I built the house.  Told them what it was and explained the situation.  One hour after the call they had someone here with the correct tank.  Was a Well-X-Trol tank and same dimensions so went in easy.  He told me you can't buy this tank in a big box store even theirs may be painted blue, not the same. 

Anyhow he used all new parts, t-valve at bottom, pressure gauge and all.  My switch is a 30-50lb. but I have it tweaked to 35-60.  He did not blink an eye and tweaked the pressure in the bladder to my settings. 

Was not the cheapest, cost me $600.00 but for them to get here within an hour and use quality parts, sometimes local folks are worth it.

Dave..

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, DrB said:

Was not the cheapest, cost me $600.00 but for them to get here within an hour and use quality parts, sometimes local folks are worth it.

Dave..

I am very grateful to have a plumber as a friend who lives 15 minutes from me. More importantly he's freakishly good and loves his job.

They are worth every penny.

around here you are lucky to get a call back ,  i dunno if its just me  but  whenever i call to hire someone instead of messing with it i call someone .  plumbing is not me  ,pipes hate me 

but i also make it a habit to be right there  when any work is done,  less chance  of running up bill and half assing it .  

i found one good plumber  and sticking with him ,  helps he knew my mom and dad so getting screwed is not option.  

i had a buddy re doing his house   well he didnt really fix nything he just used  those shark bite connectors everywhere . had to redo it all again  but the plumber i used

gave him the hook up .    plus he he is retired marine so hiring him  makes it better  to throw some money to the good folks

• Like 2

$600 is very reasonable in my opinion, when I replaced my tank the tank itself was around $250.  As a side note I don't buy anything in a big box store when I'm looking for quality.  Most of them beat their suppliers up so much over price the quality is not the same.   

17 minutes ago, Rinspeed said:

$600 is very reasonable in my opinion, when I replaced my tank the tank itself was around $250.  As a side note I don't buy anything in a big box store when I'm looking for quality.  Most of them beat their suppliers up so much over price the quality is not the same.   

Yes, being that when I called the woman taking the call, after answering her questions, said she would pull one of the men off another job and take care of me.  Less than an hour and he was here with the right parts. 

If this was a box store and arranged through them, they would have had me make an appointment to see what I needed and then another to come back. With a low quality tank.  I was more than pleased with how it went.

Dave..

• Like 2