MERRY CHRISTMAS

ASH

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

It's interesting to see in all the old science fiction movies, none of the multitude of consoles plastered with lights and switches had a label, for any of the functions.  I always watch for that.

You can't tell in the picture, but the two racks of equipment covered by the " rry " in Merry had plexiglass panels covering the lights. These were used by the enlisted folk to mark which lights were on with a grease pencil on the plexiglass.  These were used for trouble shooting the 56 seconds launch sequence if it stopped in the middle of the launch sequence..

If "A"  light is lit and "B" light is not; do this.

If "C" light is lit, but "D: light is not; do that.

And so on through out all the sequence lights.

Back in the day it was only relays, diodes, switches and broken wires that might fail. Put +24 volts somewhere else and the launch sequence would go further. 

One entry in the " real war " tech order was something like "Keys Turned, Launch Enable NOT Lighted".  It said place a jumper across two terminals behind the equipment  racks and re-initiate launch sequence at EWO time.  The fix was to jumper out a bad keyswitch.

Don't believe everything .gov said about it taking two keys to launch; +24 volts in the right place would do it also.

;)

Merry Christmas

:biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Piper  had a hell of a christmas ,  got way to much stuff i mean  3 wagon fills ,  literally because i got her wagon ,  but presents came from aunt ,  her other granparents ,  us  and her mom and dad .  so  i can see how it got so big .  but at the end of presents and they were gonna pull the wagon home . PIPER was separating toys ,  and gram said Piper what are you doing ? she said she was gonna donate some toys  to other kids .  then everyone was about in tears .  3 years old and swear she a grown woman in kids body .  so today we donated clothes and about 40 toys  to our local  shelter for kids  .  some pics of her hoard ,  the wagon in the one pic was filled to the top  4 times .   

then we went to our local no kill shelter and donated about 100 dog and cat toys .  our new pup Mitts  didnt know how to act , i guessing she never got a toy or treats  before her dead beat people left her  in the cold   for a month when they moved .  it took 2 weeks to  get her to trust enough to come out of a hole in drywall in a cold ass open broken down garage.

i still told my wife she got way to much ,  but next year when 4  there will be less  dolls and etc .

80202192_10156931543940838_475318563154952192_n.jpg

80552698_10156928089040838_1754783067160969216_o.jpg

81279895_10156931544585838_8852866146194423808_n.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1