Trump makes SEAL Gallagher a chief again

pipedreams

On 11/24/2019 at 1:54 AM, Dric902 said:

Gallagher is not the Dead Enemy Selfie guy

he is the “killed a prisoner cause he was mad guy

what kind of intel could we have gotten from the bombmaker if he had lived long enough to be interrogated? How many died from not having the intel? Maybe many

but.....Trump!!!

E054EBBE-CBBC-4453-BFB1-8414F0967348.jpeg.9361fc2066c3b9f8888b728e01b1dfdf.jpeg

Really!  I wonder why the court martial didn't convict him then?  Perhaps you're in possession of evidence that wasn't presented at his trial?  What's going on here is you libeling someone who served honorably under extreme conditions.  Pretty disgusting coming from a veteran with 'scars'.   I didn't see a purple heart in your pictures of awards, so I'm going to attribute that comment to hyperbole.

Edited by Wyzz Kydd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fnfalman said:

I'm not a head shrinker, nor do I play one on TV.  However, you seem to stick on this whole thing about Gallagher smoking some tangos; especially from somebody who was Combat Arms, just struck me as strange.

I guess I'm just a poor, dumb old grunt who isn't too sensitive about killings and deaths. 

‘Smokin some tangos’

prisoners, or the civilian man and woman in 2017?

not sure what the drone and selfie has to do with it, let alone opioids and controlled substances. Plenty of basis to pull his Trident pin, more than the other 154 that have lost it. 

that bomb maker had knowledge of the location of the workshop where they are being made, who the suppliers were for the raw materials, who was ordering them, who was financing them, the supply schedule, etc

but he never made it to interrogation cause.....just killin tangos.

forget it, I’m just a trump hating leftist who doesn’t know what I’m talking about. , right? Right?

must be, I don’t MAGAMAGA hardly at all

Edited by Dric902

53 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I've got scars just like yours!  Once when I was mess cranking on the USS Von Steuben I sliced my little finger open on a food tin.  Another time I wasn't watching where I was going and banged my head on an overhang in the torpedo room.  Where's my purple heart?

You needed a good press agent

Argue and MAGA amongst yourselves

Edited by Dric902

MAGA has nothing to do with it.  He was courtmartialed and acquitted of everything except posing with a corpse.   His jury was a bunch of senior NCOs, which if you have the experience you claim to you ought to now aren't going to take it easy on someone who dishonored his uniform.  What's your basis for claiming he killed a civilian?  The jury, who had access to all the information presented at trial, found him not guilty.

This is a bunch of paper pushing REMFs going after someone who actually put his butt on the line repeatedly for his country.  The prosecutor was disciplined for misconduct in the case for crying out loud.  How many JAG officers every did anything heroic?  Newsflash none, and I include my father who was an Army JAG. 

I think SECNAV should have resigned instead of being fired and Trump ought to arrange for Admiral Green to be posted to Antartica until such time he resigns his commission.  The prosecutors of this case should be RIFed.

• Like 1

You know what, your arguments are considered and measured in their logic

the scales have fallen from my eyes, the clouds have parted, rays of light are coming down

I have been so blind and did not see

can hear angels singing to me

MAGA.....MAGA...COVFEFE

I will brand a giant T on me

and wear a hat and cheer for all to see

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

the scales have fallen from my eyes, the clouds have parted, rays of light are coming down

MAGA.....MAGA...COVFEFE

Finally!

you`r Welcome!

get your #MAGA swag here https://www.donaldjtrump.com

its a Black Friday Sale so your just in the nick of time.

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

MAGA.....MAGA...COVFEFE

It’s never too late to be enlightened. 

Fwiw, Spencer is lucky that charges of insubordination were not brought against him. No military can tolerate the wanton disobeying of a valid order.

That's what got Uriah the Hittite, the SEAL of his time, disposed of.

And then, Spencer employed the same rationalization that many before have used----"We know better".

I don't understand what MAGA has to do with it. The guy was found not guilty, Navy brass continued to persecute him.  The POTUS exercised his authority as CinC, pretty straightforward.  

Dric if you actually served you ought to know that almost all Flag officers are politicians, that's how they got to that rank.  It's very rare to get a Patton or a Mattis anymore.

On a different note, as a matter of law we're not bound by the Geneva Conventions when engaged in conflict with a Power that doesn't recognize them, which ISIS does not. 

Here's the picture he posed in with the dead terrorist.  Gee, I wonder how come none of these other guys got charged with anything and didn't get threatened with losing their tridents?  I see 11 guys in this picture, but only Gallagher got charged?  Hmm.

image.png.dd7215b4e0cbcf054e5260dcaf9bdee8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“What message does that send to the troops? That you can get away with things. We have to have good order and discipline. It’s the backbone of what we do,” Spencer said to Martin.

Spencer said he doesn’t think the President understands the full definition of a warfighter. “A warfighter is a profession of arms. And the profession of arms has standards…that they hold themselves to.”

Navy seal Eddie Gallagher was convicted of dishonoring the uniform by posing with the body of a dead ISIS fighter

that traitorous bastard, how dare he say something like that.....string him up!!!!!

• 1 month later...

If you wait long enough....

The Navy SEALs who served beside Special Operations Chief Eddie Gallagher described their platoon leader as "toxic," "freaking evil" and a "psychopath," in new video recordings obtained by The New York Times.

The recordings are part of the Navy's investigation into Gallagher, who was accused of war crimes stemming from a 2017 deployment to Iraq. Gallagher in July was found not guilty of murder and premeditated murder but was convicted of a lesser charge of posing for a photo with an Islamic State (ISIS) fighter's corpse.

In one of the recordings, Special Operator 1st Class Craig Miller, one of the most experienced SEALs in the group, can be seen weeping.

"The guy is freaking evil," Miller told investigators.

In a separate interview, Special Operator 1st Class Joshua Vriens, a sniper, called Gallagher "toxic."

The platoon's medic, Special Operator 1st Class Corey Scott, described Gallagher as the type of person who was "perfectly OK with killing anybody that was moving.

The videos are the first time the public has been able to hear directly from the members of SEAL Team 7's Alpha platoon, whose damning testimony about their platoon leader was dismissed by President Trump and eventually led to the November firing of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer over his handling of the case

During Gallagher's trial over the summer, a key witness for the prosecution -- another Navy SEAL -- testified to killing the ISIS captive but said he saw Gallagher plunge his knife into the man's neck. Other members of his platoon struck down claims that Gallagher was a hero who was unfairly punished for making "tough calls." Instead, they painted him as a "disgraceful" leader who took pleasure in targeting women, children and the elderly.

There had been debate on whether the Navy would strip Gallagher of his Trident pin, ousting him from the prestigious SEALs after he was demoted from chief petty officer to a 1st class petty officer following his July conviction.

His case caught the eye of President Trump, who demanded Gallagher's rank be restored and ordered that the Navy halt its internal review of Gallagher's actions that resulted in the high-profile war crimes case.

Spencer asked Trump to let the Navy review board go forward with its internal investigation, promising that the board would, in the end, allow Gallagher to keep his Trident and rank, effectively alluding to his willingness to fix the results of the board usually comprised of the defendant's peers. Trump, though, rejected the offer and said, "No, we're done”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/eddie-gallagher-fellow-seals-toxic-evil-leaked-videos

Edited by Dric902