mom stabs dog trying to save son

ASH

23 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

::Already told; disregard if needed::

We went camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  We parked at our spot,  and the guys over the hill yelled, "You want to see a bear?"  We saw bears at the dumpsters,  farther away.  We talked to the people for a while,  and walked back towards the van.

I had left the side- sliding door of the chevy van open.

There was a bear's ass sticking out of the door.

Tubby was sleeping in the back.

By now,  he's 15 years old.  Blind.  Deaf.  And he had turned into a rhinoceros.  (really.  a little one)

I blasted towards the van,  and skidded short.  I instantly assumed he was a goner.

I started yelling and walking slowly.

Then the van EXPLODED.

The bear violently exploded out,  with an ice-chest in his face......

and Tubby was 120mph, right behind,  growling and chewing him a new *******. The whole way.   They both disappeared over the hill.

By the time we got there,  Tubby came strutting back,  from the woods,  like he was the King.  And he knew it.

Ergo!  "It's not the dog in the fight, It's the fight in the dog!".

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:22 PM, Huaco Kid said:

I've got pretty good scarring on a lot of one ear,  where I got stitches after the family dog got me when I was a toddler.

Mom always said I deserved it.

I never got on the receiving end of a determined dog.  But, one time when I was little, my father pulled his arm back to swat me.  He never touched me, cause the Cocker Springer we had, was now locked on his wrist and wouldn't let go.

My father was equally as determined as the dog, and he carried the dog to the back door and shook him off onto the grass.

My father didn't pursue his original intent, and the dog got let back into the house.

I was impressed that I had a protector I wasn't aware of.

• Like 1