Latest season of Top Gear

SC Tiger

BBC America is now airing the latest season of Top Gear.  They've changed hosts - again.  

Chris Harris - the short, bald, middle-eastern-looking one - is still there

Paddy McGuinness - apparently a former dating show host and comic.  

Freddy Flintoff - a former Cricket player.

So far it seems to work pretty well.  They aren't Jeremy, Richard, and James by any means but they have some promise.  I think the key is to develop chemistry and don't try to be the legendary trio of idiots.

15 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

On Amazon Prime, I eagerly await to see if the original three are going to give it one last hoorah. I hope so....

They are primarily going to do big challenges, like the Burma or the Vietnam challenge.  No more studio, no more tent, etc.

They can't quite seem to capture the magic they had on Top Gear.  Part of me wonders if it was the constant back-and-forth between them and the BBC management that resulted in a great show.  Plus they are getting older.....

On 8/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, SC Tiger said:

They are primarily going to do big challenges, like the Burma or the Vietnam challenge.  No more studio, no more tent, etc.

They can't quite seem to capture the magic they had on Top Gear.  Part of me wonders if it was the constant back-and-forth between them and the BBC management that resulted in a great show.  Plus they are getting older.....

Personally, I felt like the three seasons they spent on Amazon Prime really caught the old magic. I was really pleased with the brief time they were on Amazon. I was sorry to see them go away :{.

I'd like to see them again...but, that's only my humble opinion....

• Like 1